Monday, December 9, 2019

Another day close to home

Ajo, Arizona - December 9, 2019

I awoke early this morning and it was still dark, so went back to sleep.  Woke again at 7:30 and looked out and could see it was cloudy and very foggy.  I could barely see Black Mountain.

When I took Yuma out first thing he didn't want any part of it, so we came back in and fixed breakfast.  I could see around 10 AM it was getting much better.

I could tell the sun was ready to make its entrance, so I pulled out the 100 watt solar panel and hooked it to the set of batteries I use just for cell phones and computers.  They are practically dead, but with the solar panel they charge the small stuff nicely.

By the time we took our walk, the clouds were now puffy blue ones.  Aren't they gorgeous.
The day was looking so nice, I decided to stay close to home once more and enjoy the sunshine.

On my walk later in the afternoon. I came across this huge Christmas Tree Cholla and some Saguaros near by.  These guys could make your day if you're on your cell phone and not watching where you walk.

 Late in the day, Yuma and I took a walk east to the top of a hill so I could get the sunset.  I could see a full moon coming up in the east.
Looked to the west and there goes the sun.  I have no filters so this is what you get.

As I am typing this, I hear a band of coyotes outside yipping and howling close to the MH. Yuma jumped up and looked out the window and woofed at them.  Don't think he saw anything but wanted to let them know we're here.

I made a nice dinner of grilled chicken sautéed in butter and spices, some beans and the remainder of the Melody Cauliflower.  I even fixed myself a salad. . For beverage, my own sweet tea.

That's it for our day.  See you later.

13 comments:

  1. An overcast day, but pretty. Beautiful puffy clouds. Hope you see more sunshine soon! Good boy, Yuma, keeping nose coyote at bay. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful day. Warm and not a cloud in the sky. Got get off my behind and go into town today.

      Delete
  2. A very relaxing and pleasant day. Glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. and today will be better. Hope your day will be great.

      Delete
  3. Yuma is so sweet & funny. Love the scenery, blue skies, sunshine. So glad you made it this year. Yea.! 😎

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures Doug! I love when the view looks like filters and it's not! Dinner sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. Hoping to keep the same ratings habits as at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pictures and the clouds are beautiful. Really liked the one of the sunset through the Ocotillo! Would not want to get even close to the cholla but beautiful to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure sounds like a perfect desert day no implants to be had, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures Doug. It seems like you and Yuma are ready to settle into the snowbird routines. Good cooking too!

    ReplyDelete