Thursday, December 12, 2019

Darby Wells Cemetery

Ajo, Arizona - December 12, 2019

This morning we slept in a little later.  I awoke at 6 AM but that was too early so went back to sleep and the next time it was past 9 and the sun was beaming down.  Going to be another gorgeous day!

Yuma and I had bacon and eggs this morning with my three cups of coffee.  The devil in me had half a muffin and it was delicious.  Better walk more today to make up for it.

I laid in the lounge chair until around noon reading blogs and relaxing.  It got so hot in the sun I had to put up a sun shield.  My door faces to the west so that helped tremendously.
At noon, Yuma and I jumped in the Jeep and headed west on Darby Well Road again, but this time I turned and took the scenic loop toward Ajo, but didn't go that far.  Made a left off that road and ended up at the Darby Wells Cemetery.  Not a good speller so probably should take the "s' off and change the "a' to an "e" in cemetery.

 Rather than put text in the views below, I'll just let you look at the pictures.  It was so peaceful and quiet, I almost caught myself whispering to Yuma.  All you could hear were the birds and the buzz of insects.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.  If I were to be buried, this is the kind of place I would like.









 Black Mountain in the background.
After our short drive, we spent the rest of the afternoon having a siesta.  This year will be slower than past years so I hope you can bear with me.

At five I made myself an excellent dinner.  Haven't had one TV dinner yet.  Proud of myself.  And Dolly for helping me.

The setting sun painted the clouds a pretty yellowish orange tonight.

As you know tonight is the full moon so you get more pictures.  I caught it low in the sky once more and there is a slight wispy cloud cover.

That's it for another great southwestern day.

See you later.

27 comments:

  1. The cemetery does look peaceful. Beautiful pictures of the s6unset and moon. Hope it doesnt get too warm sitting outside. Glad you're taking it easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. With my blue blanket covering the front of the MH I'll be fine if the sun is too hot.

      Delete
  2. I have never seen, nor knew of the cemetery, what a beautiful and peaceful spot - that a appears to be very well maintained. Another day of great weather and photos ... and not burning the RV down :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeff. It is very well maintained for being so far out of town. Not green like you're used to seeing, but beautiful. No mishaps today at all

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put a Survivor update as a late comment on yesterday's blog. Just FYI. Big beautiful full moon tonite. Great photos.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moonfly. I read it. I feel sorry for Dan. He had such aspirations and now his world has tumbled. I guess he put himself in this predicament by not respecting the personal space of others.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I've had those very same feelings walking through that cemetery. It's such a peaceful place out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you and Kelly while I was sitting there.

      Delete
  6. Very beautiful pictures. Love the sunset pictures! Looks like you're enjoying yourself. Yuma seems to be getting back in the swing of being out west!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. Each day Yuma and I become more relaxed. I find that I like Ajo better this year than years before. Very serene.

      Delete
  7. What a peaceful spot to spend eternity. So nice.
    Great sunset and moon shots Doug.
    Keep relaxing and enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. I see you're in Yuma now. Enjoy your time there.

      Delete
  8. Hey Doug,
    We bought a place in Green Valley, we love it here! Very friendly people. As always I enjoy your adventures with Yuma. We are from Portland, Oregon, but may sell our house there. Portland use to be a terrific little town, but too many people from California,and most are aggressive, rude drivers. Any way, keep on trucking! Rawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Rawn. I love the grasslands areas near Green Valley. I stay outside Sonita and it is beautiful country. I lived in Salem for five years back in the mid 80s. Beautiful state. The I-5 corridor is crowded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep up the good adventures of Doug and Yuma!

      Delete
  10. Those are great pictures of the cemetery. I can understand when you said you found yourself whispering to Yuma. I bet it is deathly quiet... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was deathly quiet Jim. Some of these souls have been here quite sometime and don't want to be disturbed.

      Delete
  11. I love old cemeteries and especially ones that are so well kept. Beautiful pictures all the way around Doug! The moon pics are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. I enjoy my visit there each year I come this way. I found a small red glass heart on the ground. My lucky heart to remind me of this place.

      Delete
  12. The old cemeteries are beautiful. I know ours back home are too but there is something about the simple crosses, stones and of course I would love to think a saguaro was watching over my burial plot.
    Good for you slowing it down, this year. I worried about you last winter. Dolly is really looking out for you even when you are away. I sure would like to meet her someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patsy. Dolly is special letting me do this. Hopefully next year she will join me again. I like this cemetery the best because of the beautiful southwestern rugged looks.

      Delete
  13. There is something about how they "decorate" the cemeteries out here; all that white against the desert makes them beautiful. The way they place the "fences" around the graves and what they place in those areas it is just interesting to walk through and see. I know what you mean about the quiet and not wanting to talk to loud and disturb the peace. Sounds like a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Thanks for the pictures of the sunset. That was the one we saw last night.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Deb. This is my favorite cemetery. It's an old one but well cared for. I'm glad you liked the rising full moon.

      Delete
  14. Very pretty cemetery, so well maintained. Glad you are taking up cooking, lots of veggies is also good for you, you don't even have to cook them.
    Nothing wrong with slowing down, relaxing is an art, you must practice to get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Deb. Amazing at my age I'm learning to cook and I actually don't mind.faster than heating TV dinners.

    ReplyDelete

  16. I'm here to testify about Mr John Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world.. firstly I thought it was scam until I saw so many testimony about how Mr John sent them the ATM blank card and how it was used to withdraw money in any ATM machine and become rich so I decided to risk the opportunity I contacted him also and I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 10,000 dollars. maximum withdrawal daily $1,000, Mr John is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault,If your interested kindly contact him directly on his email (johnlopez1945@gmail.com)you can also contect him via WhatsApp:+17733492820

    ReplyDelete