Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Big Sandy, Texas Visiting Friends

Had a good night's sleep at Walmart and Yuma and I were on the road this morning at 7 AM.  Another long day ahead of us.  

When I woke up it was 30 degrees and quite cold in the MH, but after turning on the Wave heater, it was toasty when I got up at 6:30.  The weather was great and warmed up nicely as we drove along.  Lots of sunshine.

I didn't get as far as I wanted yesterday, so today was another long day.  We arrived in Big Sandy around 3 PM, so about 8 hours of driving today.

It was extremely crowded around the Little Rock area.  I-30 was packed.  I'll be glad to get further west and not have this problem as much.  

After leaving I-30 I drove on two lane roads for awhile.  Didn't really have a problem with slowing anyone down which was good.  They were not nearly as crowded.

Got one coming into Texas.

Tom and Stephanie had to direct me to their place by phone.  They have a beautiful property just outside Big Sandy.  Stephanie was my boss at Advance Auto before moving here.  I forgot to get a picture, so have to remember to do that before leaving tomorrow.



See you later.  

18 comments:

  1. You are making good time. that's a long drive day. Sometimes the two lanes are a nice relief. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am. The two lanes keep you alert that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you back on the road. Enjoy your winter adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loren. It's tiring but I'll adjust. Won't be going as far south as you are though

      Delete
  3. You're making good progress heading west young man! Drive carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it to Stephanie's. Hope you have a great visit with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That southern route around Little Rock can be quite heavy at times and I can understand your relief at getting off onto a quieter two lane road. We always found the least desirable part of our southwest travels was just getting there and getting back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Al. I always have a little guilt leaving Dolly at home so it makes the leaving harder. I think it's good for both of us though.

      Delete
  6. Wow, you are moving right along. Nice to be able to visit folks on the way and get caught up on all the news. Continued safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Enjoyed the break from the road with the visit.

      Delete
  7. After two long days how nice to end up in a place to relax with friends. Continued safe travels as you and Yuma make your way west.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice break and good to have a destination for a stop.

      Delete
  8. I finally got it on the computer.
    Dick

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice that you have friends to visit with, that's always fun! Yes you've had a couple of long days. I know what you mean about Little Rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a year off from driving except around Bloomington, it's a shock to be in such huge traffic. But I'm getting used to it.😱

      Delete