Monday, December 30, 2019

Tried Fry's

Mittry Lake near Yuma, Arizona

For some reason, I just didn't want to get out of bed this morning.  I could see from my window, it was cloudy out which is always disappointing.  I kinda knew when I saw the large mass of clouds coming in from the West last night.  Made for great sunset pictures but a lousy next day.  Fortunately, no rain.

 By 10 o'clock I was making bacon and eggs for breakfast and starting my second cup of coffee.  I had stepped outside earlier and I knew immediately it was going to be an inside day.  Very chilly out there.

While doing nothing, I checked my list of grocery items and decided Yuma and I would kill some time today shopping.  My favorite pastime - NOT!

Left at 2 o'clock and returned after 4.  Decided to check out Fry's because I wasn't having any fun at Walmart.  It was also crowded, but I did find a few aisles to hide in and it wasn't the liquor aisle.
 
Found almost everything I needed and was surprised to find almost every checkout lane was open and no waiting in line.  I like that.  Stopped for gas and five gallons of water and we were done for the day.  Good to accomplish something on a cloudy and cold day.

Got home and put things away and started dinner.  Had steak and the rest of the French Style beans and pudding with lots of whip cream for dessert.  Turned on the TV but couldn't find anything after Wheel of Fortune, so turned it off.  

That was our day.  Not even a sunset picture to close with tonight.

See you later.

18 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with hiding out inside on a cold day. Gives you time to research your next culinary masterpiece. Fry's has lots of good stuff to help you out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Dave. I bought a bunch of veggies. Dolly is going to explain how to make chicken salad. Love chicken salad but never have done it before. Always just appeared on my plate before. :))

      Delete
  2. It seems like it was International Do Nothing Day. I had one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue, blue Monday. We're just anxiously the New Year! I bet have a doosey of a celebration in Mexico.

      Delete
  3. In Sierra Vista one time we made the mistake of going into a Fry's on Seniors Day and I felt I was lucky to get out of there in one piece. Seniors can be very aggressive when stampeding around grabbing bargoooons off the shelves. Sounds like the Southwest's weather so far is not turning out the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked like seniors day in there. Had to fight to get around a bunch of shufflers following their wives. We've had a couple of cloudy days but starting the New Year it is all Sun.

      Delete
  4. Frys is one of my favorites. They seem to have everything I want. As Al said though, don't go on senior day. It's a madhouse!! Sometimes it's better to stay inside with the puppies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to find out what day that is so I'll know. I do like it better than Wal-Mart for food.

      Delete
  5. Glad you found some goodies at Fry's. I'm sure your chicken salad will turn out great. Dolly is an excellent coach.! 🍀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moonfly. With Dolly telling me how to bake the chicken and mix the mayo (not miracle whip) and the veggies I'll be fine. With my glucose levels doing so well, I may have a chicken salad sandwich.

      Delete
  6. We enjoy Fry's and the deals. Glad you found what you wre looking for to make the chicken salad. It will be great!
    Definitely an inside day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like Fry 's and I'm ready to make the chicken salad now. I even picked up VIP app for the discounts.

      Delete
  7. The chicken salad just appeared on your plate.....magic. That had me laughing out loud. You will be surprised how easy it is. Enjoy! Jerry and Deb were going to climb Pilot Knob today but it's too windy. Maybe tomorrow.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's easy. That's the kind of cooking I'm good at. When I heard the wind this morning I thought it might be a bad climbing day. Starting tomorrow the weather should be much better. Just in time for my new camera.

      Delete
  8. Going back three days on your posts, I play catch up a lot, some great pictures of the area. Tom and I find some of those "wrong" turns, turn in to the most fun. I really like that Yuma has his own lounge chair...:) Relaxing days are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I do like the Mittry Lake area. Especially now that I'm off the road. Yuma is glad to have his own lounger so he doesn't get booted out of mine.

      Delete
  9. I know the kind of day you were having and can only say they will get better.
    Wishing your entire family a Safe, Happy and Healthy New Year.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Rick. Same to you and Kathy.

    ReplyDelete