Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Moving on to Midland, Texas

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Had a very nice rest in Stephanie and Tom's driveway.  Nice and quiet.  Slept till 7 AM and woke to take Yuma for a walk.  
Visited with Stephanie and Tom for a couple of hours over coffee and then it was time to head west.  Left their place around 9 AM and I didn't forget to get to take a picture.

I took highway 80 west almost to Dallas and then caught I-20 for the remainder of the day.  Dallas area has lots of overpasses, but it was well marked and I had no problem getting through the area.
 After leaving the Dallas Ft Worth area I finally got to the rolling hills and plains of central Texas.  I-20 for the most part is a smooth road and hilly in spots, but nothing major.
After yesterday's hilly Arkansas roads and driving two-lane roads, it was nice to be on the interstate all day.  Once, I got out of Ft Worth area, the crowds thinned out and it was smooth sailing.  Drove 441 miles and got into the Walmart here in Midland about 5 PM.

Again, I'm worn out, but I do feel better today.  Time now to feed myself and Yuma and call it a night.

See you later.

20 comments:

  1. You seem to be making great time Dad! You'll be relaxing in the sun in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am. Had the AC going today. Got up to 70 on the road and it's 60 at 8 o'clock here in Midland, Texas.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a long day after a couple of hours of morning visiting. Glad you and Yuma are moving along safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long day but I feel better today. Got everybody fed and we're ready for bed at 8 o'clock. That Will help.

      Delete
  3. Looks like travels are going good so far! Did you get settled in to watch Survivor tonight? How's that Yuma adjusting to life back on the road?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuma wants to go home. He misses the easy life that Dolly provided. I'll toughen him up. Didn't catch Survivor but filled me in on who got booted. Worthless Krishna😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are certainly are putting the miles behind you. Continued safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Will be in New Mexico tonight if all goes well. Have had beautiful driving weather.

      Delete
  6. Once past Van Horn you can start scanning the horizon for mountain ranges separating Texas and New Mexico. Oh how I always looked forward to my first glimpse of the mountains each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lots of pictures of them. Hopefully they come out okay through my dirty windshield.

      Delete
  7. Nice to spend the night in a friend's driveway - it makes a fun bit of socialization on your long trip. You guys are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moonfly. It was a nice short visit and I'm on my way.

      Delete
  8. Glad you enjoyed your visit (short as it was) with friends! Hopefully you can slow down and rest a bit soon..that's a lot of miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually my first multiday stop is in Tucson. Two days to go.

      Delete
  9. Hi. I don't think I have posted on your blog before but I love your dog's name. And I'm a fan of Survivor. I was surprised to find comments about Survivor on an RV blog. We will be at Pilot Knob all winter. Hopefully our paths will cross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elva. I missed last night's show but Dolly filled me in. I'm glad Krishna got booted😁. I will be in the Yuma area pretty soon. I picked up my dog at the animal rescue in 2015. He's my best traveling Buddy.

      Delete
  10. Good to see your travels off to a good start. You're missing out on all this lovely white stuff we're seeing in Ontario though. Darn eh! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm glad I got out at the beginning of December instead of the end like I usually do.

      Delete