Monday, March 1, 2021

Laundry Day

 Had the best sleep last night than I've had in awhile.  Had to get up at 5:30 to change the pan, but other than that I slept.  It was 37 degrees out but with no wind it wasn't bad.  It was after 9 o'clock when I finally got up and it was already 50 degrees out and just beautiful with hardly a breeze.

Yuma and I took our normal walk around the area.  He sure loves to run.

Looking south towards the mountains in Mexico off in the distance.
We then had our breakfast and laid outside for awhile in the beautiful morning sunshine.  I'm going to have skin cancer before I turn 50 if I keep doing this 😁.  Still haven't decided where to go yet, so I'll just stay here for a little longer.

Dolly called just as I was finishing breakfast and we talked for a long time.  I felt so much better after her call knowing that she and Fergie was doing fine.   It was good to hear her voice.  I'm getting homesick but still not much Spring back home yet.

Today is laundry day.  My laundry bag is full and dirty clothes are laying on the bathroom floor.  Past time, but it isn't one of my favorite chores.

The good thing about Ajo is it has a beautiful and uncrowded laundromat.  Same as last time when I did laundry in Borrego Springs a couple months ago.  Yuma and I piled everything in the Jeep and headed into town around 3 o'clock.


Nice and clean.  I think I just saw Patsy leaving in Ptootie.  Lots of washers and dryers, but unfortunately they have a lot of broken ones.

Bet they are full of some good Mexican food.

It was after 4 o'clock when we were done and had all the laundry folded and in the bag.  As I was leaving town, I stopped to catch a few more beautiful wall murals.








Got home around 5 o'clock and time to make some dinner.  Had left over chicken nuggets and I must say they were a little dry the second time around.  Oh well, the beans and potatoes were good.  
Bright sunset without a cloud in the sky.
Got to get this post published so I can have dessert and go to bed.  It's already 8 o'clock.  Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you got your laundry done. Always a big core. Lots of pretty murals. Ajo sure has a lot of them. It was good tobtalk to you, too. Unfortunately, spring is still a little bit in the future here. Have you seen any snakes yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one squashed garter snake on Darby Well Road and thats it. Time to start watching for them. Last laundry done and I'm glad. Thank you for calling. Love you.

      Delete
  2. Lots of beautiful Murals. Glad you got your laundry done.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Doug, I like the murals! I think we need to check out Ajo! How many miles to Ojo? Take care, Rawn Stone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are neat. About 150 miles from Green Valley.

      Delete
  4. Ahhhhh ... clean clothes. I try to have so many that I don't have to do laundry very often!! Those murals are beautiful and weird. Sometimes I wonder where their imagination comes from. Others are just amazingly real looking. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to. I try to go two months between washes. They have hundreds of murals here I think. Do good work too.

      Delete
  5. Your right about that Ajo Laundromat. In all our travels I think it was the best laundromat we ever came across. Worst laundromat we ever used was at a little run-down campground in Columbus New Mexico. Looks like Ajo has more new murals since the last time we were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they keep finding new places to put their murals.

      Delete
  6. Those are some amazing murals! I had to laugh at your comment about "just seeing Patsy leaving in Ptooties" at the laundromat. Hope you are feeling better from your fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri. Feel back to as normal as I can. Hard not to think of Patsy when in a mat.

      Delete
  7. Love all the murals. That is a really nice laundromat for sure. I laughed too. Looks like awesome weather! Love the sunset picture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Certainly warm if you get into the sun. I hope Patsy reads it. 😆

      Delete