Sunday, February 28, 2021

Sunday: Needed day of rest!

 My middle back was strained in my fall and I took two Advil before going to bed hoping it will help.  I think it did because when I got up this morning at 8:30 to take Yuma for a walk everything worked but sorely.

Decided to keep things to a minimum today hoping for all to go well.  Had my crackers and cereal while watching TV.  Overnight, the wind was not bad but it has picked up today and it is cool.  High near 60 but with a cold north wind.  I know others have it worse so I'm not complaining.

In the afternoon, I tried again to tighten the seam in the black valve but not the right thing to do.  Leaked more.  I can't see the top bolts holding it together and so far I've only been able to see one side and the bottom so can't be sure exactly where the leak originates.  It is just a small drip now so I'm going to just wait till I've emptied the tank and I'm near a Walmart before investigating more. 

Took several walks around the area to let you get an idea of the views from my site.




Love the cactus around here.



Walked along Darby Well Road heading west and we see both North Ajo Peak and Ajo Peak in the distance.
North Ajo Peak

Ajo Peak

When I turned around there goes Yuma racing for home. 

The wind died down as the sun set and all is quiet now.  The wind was never really too bad today.  Don't think we had 20-30 mph winds.  They call for temperatures getting down to the high 30s tonight so I've got the heater ready to go.

Had a couple of hotdogs and chips again tonight with dessert.  A little TV and soon to bed.    Thanks for stopping by.

17 comments:

  1. Well hope you get your tank problem taken care of and you feel better after taking your fall! Let you know I think I at in your spot when we played chicken foot, I got the double blank more than my fair share! 😂 Take care Dad! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess my spot wasn't too lucky☺ I feel much better after taking it easy yesterday. Had a great night's rest. Already March and soon I'll be heading home. Take care. Love you too.

      Delete
  2. I hope your back isn't too bad and you're feeling better today. You certainly are in a perfect spot. Such a pretty area. Opefully that pipe will be a quick fix,, once you get a good look at it. Steve's right. He did get more than his share of the double blocker, but did a good job of getting rid of it. Even though, he did sit in your spot! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dolly. I feel a whole lot better today. Poor Steve. Just not his night at Chicken Foot. Shouldn't have sat in my lucky spot 😄

      Delete
  3. Hope your injury heel soon! I think you are right on to take it easy today. I like where you are living, lot's of cacti in the area. Well, take care, Rawn Stone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rawn. I feel great today. A little rest and Tylenol did the job! I do love sitting outside admiring this view of the world.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had an easy day today. Too bad you can't find the leak but you will. :) Wishing you better asap and yes, I'm glad you aren't complaining about your weather. 😛We shouldn't either, really, there are always those who have things worse more than just the weather! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. I feel great today. Pop right back when you're young 😄 You appear to enjoy your walks all bundled up. I think the weather is getting better now and soon it will be Spring.

      Delete
  5. I know you're tough, but let's have no more crashing on the ground. It's not healthy!! Waiting to hear about your leak. Hope it's an easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. No broken bones is always good. Had my Tiger break 40 years ago and don't need another. Still deciding where to go on my leak after I empty my tanks. Near a Walmart for sure.

      Delete
  6. I know the replacement parts for the older models are getting harder to find. Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff. You too! Don't think the calvary would be at hand out here 😉

      Delete
  7. Nice to have a relaxing day. Love the pictures.
    Good luck dealing with the leak.
    Be Safe and Enjoy staying warm.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. I feel much better today. Had a good night's sleep with no aches. Got a plan on the leak.

      Delete
  8. I love the area you are camped at for sure! Glad your leak is down to a drip. Nice to have an easy day and let everything heal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Me too. Only have to get up once in the night to change out pans to keep from overflowing. I'm feeling 100% better today.

      Delete
  9. Glad your feeling better and nothing serious! Get a lot of relaxing in! ❤️

    ReplyDelete