Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day of Rest and Relaxation

Sunday, January 5, 2014

We are staying at the Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood, which is located in the Verde Valley.  We are staying five days so we can see the beautiful countryside around this neck of the woods. 
1-100_0670 
Today is a day of rest, sort of.  Thought I was going to make a McDs run but Dolly surprised me by fixing breakfast for the first time.  No McDs this morning anyway.  Yep, I can tell Dolly cooked breakfast because the smoke alarm went off when she  burned her english muffins.

Figured out I had accidently changed the setting on my camera yesterday; so now I am good to go again.  The battery ran dead in Dolly’s camera yesterday, so we had both cameras out of commission when we glided down the road through Sedona. 

Dolly is watching her favorite sport, football playoffs.  Fergie and I took a walk around our section of the park and took pictures.  It is a huge state park with many individual sections.  We are at the highest level and have great views of the surrounding countryside.
1-100_0672 
Town of Cottonwood in valley, as seen from the rear of our motorhome. 

1-100_0675 
Old Town Cottonwood south of the current town

1-100_0677 1-100_06821-100_0681 
After the ballgames, I made a McD run for dinner and we are calling it a day.  We are both still feeling tired from our six day jaunt across country.  I must say though, the roads and weather were great the entire trip.  We are thankful for that.  And gas prices remained in the $2.95 to $3.15 range which was nice.


Victoria, the gate ranger gave me a map of the area and showed me a road that goes back up to Sedona, but goes through an area with beautiful scenery.  She said I would take many pictures and would remember the views forever.  Can’t wait for tomorrow.

See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment