Monday, January 20, 2014

Getting Ready to Move on

Monday, January 20, 2014 
Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday

Hummingbird Humingbird Hummingbird
Got up early this morning around 7 a.m. and answered a few comments on my blog and then took Fergie for his morning walk.  I had a glass of water and while waiting for Fergie to do his thing, I poured the water on the ground and to my surprise, a hummingbird flew right up to me, looking at the water.  He then left and perched in a tree not far away.

Hoping it would stay, I ran back and got the camera with the 300 MM lense and shot a bunch of pictures.  My first bird shots, Al.

After breakfast, we are going into Q to get a hummingbird feeder, some firewood and a surprise for Dolly.  This is going to be a lazy day as we prepare to move on to Slab City, CA, on our way to Borrego Springs.  May stay a day or two in Slab City to absorb the culture shock and unique beauty of the city.

Wow, was it busy in town today.  Long car lines, long gas lines, long walking lines.  I thought yesterday was crowded, but today was like a beautiful opening day at the state fair!  It was more than we could handle.  We had to get out of there for the wide open spaces of home.

Long car lines
Long car lines
Long gas ines
Long gas lines

Long walking lines
Long walking lines   


Long walking lines

Got the logs and Dolly’s surprise, but could not find bird feeders.  Oh well, two out of three ain’t bad.  Dolly got her surprise, we get to have a fire tonight, but the birds go hungry for now.

Dolly’s surprises:

Dolly's horsies
Horses
More horsies
More horses

Well, just got the jeep hooked up and the sun is setting soon.  Will have the fire going soon and it will be the end of our stay in the Quartzsite area.  Tomorrow, we will gas the motorhome, dump, get propane and water and we will be on our way to California.  Slab City, here we come!
 Fire and marshmellows
Fire and marshmellows

See you later.

4 comments:

  1. I got a few sets of friends staying at the slabs right now... they are in a group and very nice people. So if you want a place to pull in and park and be welcomed by regular folks, let me know! email me at pfundt@gmail.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen and Steve. Our reception was slow at Q, where we were staying, I did not read my comments till this evening. We are now bedded down for the night just inside the Slab City boundry near "the Mountain". Evidently, I am near mostly locals, but they seem nice. Better not start my generator or there will be a war.

      Delete
    2. I've always had mixed feelings watching Quartzsite disappearing in my rear view mirror. Glad to be out of there yet the memories, adventures, & experiences stay fondly with me......

      Delete