Saturday, March 16, 2024

A great day for a visit

Last night was another night of Yuma waking me to go outside.  Twice!  And then he started bothering me to get up at 8 o'clock.  I know it's time, but I just wasn't ready.  He finally settled down to wait while I played my mind games. 

I knew it wasn't going to be a slow two coffee morning and then breakfast at noon.  So, I made it a one coffee morning and then fixed breakfast for both of us.  I had turned on the heater when I got up, but within an hour, it was quite warm outside, so off it went.

Before I knew it, the time slipped away and I was closing in on the noon hour.  I had made a date to visit Jerry and Elva at 1 o'clock and they live east of Yuma in the town of Wellton, about an hour from here.

Yuma was happy to go somewhere, anywhere.  We hopped in the Jeep and headed across town, over the Fortuna Hills and into Dome Valley.

I thought I would remember where they lived, from my last visit, but as usual, my memory failed me and I had to call for directions.  I was there right at 1 o'clock.

It was a beautiful afternoon.  We sat in their gazebo and had a very relaxing afternoon talking about just about everything, except religion and politics.



Unfortunately, I can't remember when we first met, but I do remember, Elva introduced me to Bill and Patsy that started the friendship phase of my journeys west.

Before I knew it, the afternoon had passed, the sun was finding more and more clouds to hide behind and it was cooling down.  It was nearly 4 o'clock and I still had Walmart shopping to do before going back to camp,  so we said our goodbyes and hopefully, I will see them again next year.

As I got closer to Yuma, I could see dark clouds to the west of town, about where I am camped.  When I finished shopping and went out the door, the clouds were starting to move over and the wind was picking up and the temperature was dropping fast.

We made a beeline home hoping to beat the rain that I could see coming.  Thankfully, I had just gotten everything inside when the winds picked up out of the north and the skies opened up.  Dropped from 70 to 56 very quickly.

As with the rains out here, they come in fast, but they also move out fast.  By the time I was ready to cook dinner on the grill, the wind and rain had gone.  Still cold and the sun was leaving quickly, too.

Burning tree
Already 9 o'clock and time for me to finish up and hit the sack.

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. It's good you made it over to see Jerry and Elva. Yuma looked happy to visit. Gorgeous picture of the rainbow in the desert after the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuma always has a good time when we visit folks. I was lucky to look out and see it.

      Delete
  2. The weather sure has been changing it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold and hot. But I think the 80s are on their way. The cold days may be gone.

      Delete
  3. How did we meet? I had to think about that. And I don't think you met Patsy and Bill thru me. What I remember...Shirley Kay introduced me to rv bloggers. I started following bloggers that were in the AZ desert. I think it was 2018. We were at Pilot Knob LTVA area. We drove to Ogilby to meet Deb and Riley. In chatting Jerry said he would take Deb on a desert ride. You were at Mittry Lake. Deb told you about the ride. I can't remember where Deb and Tom were but they wanted to go too. So you met the group in Winterhaven. You and Tom were in your Jeep and Jerry drove the ladies in my Jeep. Little Deb took one of my all time favorite pictures of the Colorado River. Anyway that's what I remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your memory is much better than mine. Thank you. At least I remembered you and Jerry were the key players.

      Delete
  4. Happy you guys got in a visit. The weather changed rapidly both on and off like a switch. The rainbow was beautiful.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great visit. Such a sweet couple. I'd forgotten they'd introduced us. :)
    Beautiful 'burning tree'.....we watched for a rainbow here but couldn't see one. You had it!

    ReplyDelete