Monday, March 4, 2024

Inside Saddle Mountain

This morning, I was up at 8 o'clock and ready to roll.  I'm feeling much better now that I'm in the mountains.  

Had breakfast and then I did some more rearranging in MATII (pronounced Matti).  I think I'm finally starting to settle in.  I still don't know where everything is but it's getting better.

Coffee brewing

It was so beautiful outside, I sat in my chair and drank three cups of coffee, enjoying the cool breeze and hot sun. 

I pulled out my 100-watt solar panel and hooked it to my 275-watt lithium battery and that to my 600-watt inverter.  Since, I don't have to run a refrigerator, I use very little AC power.

At 1 o'clock, Yuma and I jumped into the Jeep to find our way inside Saddle Mountain.  Not everyone knows there is a canyon inside the mountain.  The mountain is U shaped and water coming from all sides goes through when there is rain.  Otherwise, it is dry.  I love it back there because it is remote and usually, I never see another person.  

I can drive the Jeep in 2-wheel drive to a deep ravine where the water flows.  I park and walk the dry creek bed from there.

Heading into the canyon.  You can see the saddle dead ahead and to the right.

Looking up at the north walls as I enter.

Anyone that wants to know how to get in there, just let me know and I'll provide directions.  Only one way in and one way out.


Starting into the canyon.  The saddle is dead ahead.

The gatekeeper of the canyon.  Flathead.


Slowly crumbling down.

The road is nice.  Getting close to the end of my drive.


End of the road for me.  Walk from here.

Looking south to the other side of the canyon.
Beautiful.

Looking back down the canyon to the valley.

We returned to MATII at 3 o'clock, dead tired.  I walked over 10,000 steps today, but I feel great.  I think we will both sleep good tonight.

End of a long day.



Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. This is the kind of post i like to see from you Doug. We have missed your adventures. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures. It's good to get out and see some beautiful places. Glad you're beginning to enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dolly. It was a beautiful day. Glad to get some exercise.

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful mountain area! I can certainly see why you like it there! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen. You're having a heat wave I hear. Enjoy.

      Delete
  4. Lots of great views from those roads.
    It looks pretty green.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely beautiful scenery and the unusual desert greening.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your exercising.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better about everything. Nice jaunt today, thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the name you chose for your rig and I like that canyon drive you took. If we were still traveling I would definitely ask you for those directions. Don't forget to kick around a little bit of that desert dust and say hello to your surroundings for me.

    ReplyDelete