Saturday, March 23, 2024

Moving Day!

Last night, I made the decision it was time to move on.  Actually, move back.  They were calling for high winds Saturday and I was getting antsy.  Plus, I didn't watch Gold Rush.  It was on at 6 o'clock and my mind thought 8 o'clock.  Just not used to shows coming on so early in California.

I am still trying to find space for everything in this much smaller motorhome.  Sooner or later I will have a place for everything, but not yet.  I was in the middle of packing to leave when Dolly texted to tell me that Illinois was playing for the Sweet Sixteen tonight at 5 o'clock.  Now I have a deadline to get to my destination.

With regrets, I am now slowly heading home.  Not directly, but easterly.  I'm thinking of going to several parks in Utah this year, but it is still in the thought stage.  It is still cold up there and snowstorms are a possibility late into Spring.

As for today, it was 1:30 when I left camp and stopped to dump and take on water before heading back up highway 95 to Palm Canyon Road for the night.  About as far as I dare go and still setup for the basketball game.  I was surprised at how empty the highway was.  No string of RVs passing by heading south.

Made it to my destination at 4 o'clock, giving me a little over an hour to get things ready.  Made it in plenty of time.



Even had time to fix a sandwich for dinner and get comfortable in my new swivel recliner.
The winds picked up quite a bit during the game.  Hopefully, they won't blow all night at this clip.

One of the reasons, I left today, is because I want to text Kay and find out if she is still interested in letting me adopt Teddy.  I did and she said "Yes".  So maybe next week sometime Yuma and I will have a new addition.  We'll see!

The game was a blow-out.  Illinois won handily.  Wasn't a surprise when Illinois is ranked 3rd and Duquesne, 11th.  Score was 89-63.

Time to call it a night.  I think the wind is dying down for the night.  Quiet outside now.  Oh, no!  I hear the pitter patter of raindrops now.

Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

  1. T sounds like you didn't escape the winds by moving. We've had a lot of wind here, too. It snowed this morning along with the wind. Enjoy Palm Canyon! Go Illini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Illinois didn't have any problems last night. The wind followed me right up the desert valley. Today should be nice with plenty ty of sunshine, but still windy.

      Delete
  2. We are happy to hear you made it safely. As I type this at 6:45am Sunday morning, there is no wind, it ceased through the night, but the warnings are still posted until 11 pm tonight. The drive yesterday was good, only a bit of dust in the air in a few places. Enjoy the rest.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad all went well with you drive. It was cool and windy here last night too. Beautiful today, but still have some wind. Going to rest and enjoy the day.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the move went smooth. We've had a lot of wind as of lately. That's great about Teddy. How old is that Teddy? That would be cool to check out some places in Utah, if you decide to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. I'll be watching the weather. Teddy is 9.

      Delete
  4. More wind and rain expected today in our little corner. Hope you enjoy a peaceful stay in your canyon, stay out of the washes ;)
    Continued safe travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful day here. I am hoping I have learned my lesson. Next time may be expensive.

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to see if you decide to go sight seeing in Utah. Be safe and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elva. Just don't let those storms get across California.

      Delete
  6. I was wondering if you were going to pick up Teddy on your way home, but that was answered in one of the last paragraphs.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to hear you have moved to PC safely. I'm sure things will find their proper place in the rv. It sometimes sorts itself out from usage.
    Teddy, well, i hope it works out for you. .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think twice about heading up to Utah. We are now in Fredonia, AZ and it is cold, cold, cold. Heading north up to Canada and now rethinking about heading to Overton, Nevada and waiting till things warm up.

    ReplyDelete