Friday, March 1, 2024

Frustrating Day!!

Yesterday, I mentioned that I had to rewire my light wires from MATII to the Jeep because the plugs were different than what I had used with the White Lion.

This morning, I had all the intentions in the world to quickly rewire and be on my way.  I won't go into the gory details of my day, but I'm still here in Apache Junction.

If there was a way to screw up placing four wires in the right place, I did it.  All I wanted was for the lights at the back of the Jeep to light up for the left and right blinkers correctly and for the stop lights to turn red when I pressed on the brake.

Even Clea worked with me for a number of hours, but we just couldn't figure out the problem.

After about six hours of following the directions on the box the wires came with to no avail, I called my son-in-law, Evan for help.  We talked, then I got on Messenger Facetime and we talked some more.  

I had already proven I was not electrically savvy, by taking six hours to come up with nothing.  Finally, Evan could see that I was looking at the illustration on the box and assuming I was looking at the front of the plug when actually it was the back of the plug. I had been placing the wires in backwards.


After getting off the phone, I started rewiring, but I just couldn't seem to get the wires in the right places.  Finally, at 8 o'clock I hit the right combination and to my amazement, left was left, right was right and stop was stop.

Thank you, Evan and Clea for your patience.  Now, I am ready to leave for the mountains in the morning.  I just wonder if some higher power was telling me not to get on the road today.  Who knows.  It's either that or I'm just not very bright.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. We all have those kinds of days from time to time , it makes us appreciate the good days.
    Safe travels.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wiring those tow vehicles ... that was one of the first things I learned when pulling horse trailers. Not as easy as it looks. Take a picture with your phone and keep it in case you need to do it again. Safe travels ......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you'll finally get on the road today. I'm going with the latter comment. 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Dolly. Pictures work well for me when trying to remember stuff.

      Delete
  4. When I first started wiring those plugs, the instructions never included the front picture, only the back where the wires went. The way your's looked it could be confusing. Glad you got it straightened around.
    Safe travels and Enjoy the adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Evan was able to help. Safe journey.
    PS, you are bright, we can't all be good at everything!

    ReplyDelete