Saturday, March 2, 2024

Saddleback Mountain

 It was a busy day again.  I hope every move I make is not as hard as this one has been.  First thing I did this morning, was to put the remaining things into the Jeep.  I'm using it for storage this time around.

Then I spent an hour picking up poop the three dogs drop around the yard.  It is now all clean.

I spent a little time with the ladies and then drove to Walmart to get groceries to last me a couple of weeks, I hope.

It was 3 o'clock when I left for my 90-mile drive to Tonopah, Arizona where Saddleback Mountain is located. 

The normal route I take to get out of town is hwy 60, but it was closed this weekend for maintenance, so I was routed all the way through the city on E Southern Avenue to highway 101.

Actually, the drive on the city street was faster than hwy 101.  Even on a Saturday, the Phoenix area is full of traffic.  I was going at 15 mph at times and all four lanes were full.

It took 2 1/2 hours to drive the 90 miles to my new camp for the next however many days I stay.

I have stayed here several times in the past, and I was glad to see this site was empty and no one else is around.  I am looking for some solitude after being in a big city for 7 weeks.  A lot has happened already, and I'm ready for new boondocking adventures.

The internet is excellent, so I am having no problems with posting to my blog while here.  My new RV ran flawlessly.  This was my first real test and I'm happy with my purchase.

It's been a busy day, and I am tired.  Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to stop in again to see some of the beautiful views this area has to offer.

13 comments:

  1. Glad you made it Safely to you new location.
    Did you bring Teddy this time, or just Yuma?
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. He is not with us. I'm hoping to pick him up on my way home.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! A new adventure awaits.
    Take some time and just rest up. Travelling and preparing to travel can be very stressful. Enjoy.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has worn me out. I think I am in the same campsite you were in when you two helped me move from Miss Adventure to the White Lion.

      Delete
  3. It's hard to believe you're finally on the road and staying somewhere new. Glad to hear your new MH made the trip flawlessly. Enjoy Saddleback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. I am glad to finally be boondocking again.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear that everything is going well. Take it easy and relax, see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thans Bill. I'll spend some time here getting rested and organized, then I'll be heading your way.

      Delete
  5. How peaceful after the past few weeks. You have earned it Doug. Thank you and enjoy your time with nature and Yuma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you and Yuma back on the road. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also happy to hear you have started this new adventure. You didn't seem ready to stop and it sounds like you have a sweet home to travel in with Yuma. C u soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Patsy, you weren't ready to quit. Can't wait until you have Teddy on your travels. I'm sure he's missing you and Yuma!

    ReplyDelete