Sunday, March 17, 2024

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


I have to admit, I didn't know it was the "wear green" day till late afternoon.  Didn't wear green, but still had a good day.  Even when Dolly told me she was going to the local St. Patrick's Day 5K run to watch the kids race, it didn't sink in.  Oh well!

Talking about the race,  my son Steve and his son, Nick ran the 5K and so did my daughter, Kristi.  I'm proud of them all!  No losers in that group.  Here's some pictures Dolly took.  Unfortunately, it was a cold day with a cold wind.  Poor Dolly deserves credit for being there to give them her support.

Steve and Kristi celebrating the finish together.

Son like Father.  Steve and Nick.

The other subject is more technical.  Last Friday, I hooked up my Dish like I always do to watch Gold Rush.  Turned out it wasn't on, but that isn't the point.  I tried hard to connect the Dish, but couldn't.  Finally, I called the Dish Help Line.

They did everything they could, but with no luck.  They said everything is working on the Dish end, so it must be my receiver.  They gave me the number to call to get their assistance.   They don't open till Monday.

This morning, I was thinking.  The coax cable goes from the Dish to the receiver.  Maybe, by chance it could be the culprit and not the receiver.  I took my TV and receiver outside and hooked it up to the Tailgater Dish with a short coax cable I had.  I then took my battery power pack out there and plugged the TV and receiver into it.  Turned them on and to my surprise the Dish start screen popped up, just like it should.  

I had used that cable for at least 10 years in my travels, so it just decided to break now.  Glad I thught of that or I may be buying a new receiver and finding I still have the problem.  My St. Patrick's Day luck!

Yuma and I also went into Yuma today and bought something for the motorhome.  I pick it up on Thursday.  Stay tuned for pictures.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Great job troubleshooting the Dish problem. Issues like that can be so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well sounds like you did have a little St. Patrick's Day luck! Enjoy the warm weather. Been chilly and breezy lately here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your dish is up and running again. One problem resolved.

    Congrats to all my running family members! A special congratulations to Nick for breaking his personal best time for a 5k.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all the runners and to Dolly for braving the cold.
    Happy to hear you got the dish working again.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete