Thursday, March 21, 2024

I never learn!

This morning at 9:30, Yuma and I headed into Yuma with the Motorhome.  We left the Jeep and the outside stuff here.  Just a cup of coffee and a Stroopwafel is all I had for breakfast.  I will regret that later.

I was at the Yuma Palms Mall right at 10 o'clock waiting for Goodwill to pick up the couch in the motorhome.  That thing is so uncomfortable to sit in, much less relax in.  Yuma loved it, because he could jump up on it an lie next to me.  "Sorry, Yuma, but my comfort comes first."

Looks nice, but not comfortable at all.

They were scheduled to come by between 10 and noon.  Luckily, they called at about 10:45 and were at my door to take the couch away about a half hour later.  I had already unscrewed the braces holding it to the floor so it was ready to go.

I then I pulled around back of the Mor Furniture store right there in the Mall to pick up my new swivel lounge chair, charcoal grey.

They loaded it onto the motorhome and I started right away assembling it.  I wanted to put it together to see if I had enough room for a second one.  After spending over an hour trying to put the wrong bolts to connect the back to the seat, I finally reread the instructions and saw my problem.  The assembly went quickly after that.

I would pick an 85 degree day to do the assembly, but I did it.  Unfortunately, the measurements I made earlier proved to be correct and there was not enough room for Yuma to have a lounge chair, so I did the second best thing.  I put his bed next to my lounge chair.

My day was done and it was getting on 3 o'clock when I headed back to the desert.  This is where things went bad.  

All these desert roads look the same and even though I have gone up and down them a dozen times in the Jeep, this time I got confused.  I thought I turned too early (I didn't), so I tried to cross a dry wash.  Unfortunately, I underestimated things.

Before I even got to the bottom of the ravine with the back tires, the rear-end dug deeply into the side of the ravine.  How dumb could I be!

This is the last time, I swear!  Wasn't far from Deb's place, so with my tail between my legs, Yuma and I walked to her place.  I was hoping she had a tow rope.  She has the 4-wheel drive truck to pull me out, but no tow rope.  Next time I'm in Yuma, I'm going to pick one up.  Not that I will ever need it, but maybe some other dumb fool will!

Deb and I dug the rear-end out of the gravel and dirt.  Luckily, the hitch kept it high enough not to damage anything.  

Tried backing it out with wood and carpet, but the right side wheels would spin every time.



Yuma was no help.  Just got in the way!  At least we were on the shady side.
Finally, after about an hour of playing with it, we decided to check with neighbors to see if they had a tow rope.  First neighbor!  BINGO!  We borrowed it and Deb's truck pulled me out with no problem.

I had not eaten nor drank anything all day, because it was going to be an easy day.  Right!  I think, Deb noticed I tired quickly and she stepped in and did a lot of the digging.  All I can say is "Thank you, Deb and Riley!"

When I got home, finally, I rested a bit and drank a lot of water.  Then I played around with my new chair to find the right place for it.


        
Didn't take Yuma long.
It's late and I'm tired.  I'm going to join Yuma.  Thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. That's a comfy looking chair you have there. It's too bad there wasn't enough room for Yuma to have one, too. He looks happy in his bed, though. Do get a tow rope. You'll never learn. Thank goodness for helpful friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you know me too well. At least I can be stuck in comfort now.

      Delete
  2. The new chair looks comfy! Yuma looks comfy too! Well I guess it's good the MAII didn't get damaged. Could of been worse. Good thing is that it was the last time ever getting stuck. Enjoy your new chair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you have faith I'll never get stuck again. Thanks, Steve.

      Delete
  3. Gosh, your old couch looked brand new! Too bad it wasn't comfortable. Sorry you got stuck. Hopefully there was no damage to parts unseen. Deb is a Saint to dig you out!! Maybe pile some rocks out on the entry road so you know for sure where to turn!! Enjoy that new chair!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, but very uncomfortable. I hope there is no hidden problems. I'm too sore to crawl under it right now. I'll use the rocks in my head. :)

      Delete
  4. It was a day, glad we could help. Hopefully there are no more washes in your future. The problem with having tow straps is then you think you need to use them. Lol.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't the WL get stuck in a similar situation? Kudos to Deb and Riley!
    How did you sleep in the comfy looking chair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sleeping yet. It is comfy. I got stuck in the WL several times.

      Delete
  6. We learned to always bring water and a snack with us while in the desert.
    All RVers should have a Tow Strap, just in case.
    Lucky Deb was there to help you out.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your new chair.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doug...Doug...Doug...lol. Thank God for Deb and Riley. But I'm glad you now have a comfy chair.



    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to repeat what Elva said but mainly TG for friends. .
    Love the chair for you, does your phone have a gps? You could put the coordinates in for your location. Sorry that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad it wasn’t worse!

    ReplyDelete