Friday, March 8, 2024

Beautiful day and visit with friends

This morning, the sun was up at 7 o'clock, but I wasn't.  I was awake, but just laid in bed doing my word games with friends.  By 8, I was up and out the door to take Yuma for his morning walk.

It was going to be a low 70s day with a little breeze and lots of sunshine.  First thing I did was pull out my solar panel and hook it to my monster battery.  I knew it needed several days to get back up to 90%.  My phone was real low so, threw it on the powerpack to get it back up to 100%.

All that didn't take long and soon I was on my first cup of coffee with a Stroopwafel on top.  If you've never tried one, look it up and buy a box.  If you like wafers and honey, you'll love these.  Just watch that it doesn't get too warm and fall into your coffee.  I hate it when I do that.

I couldn't dawdle, because I had an important date at 1 o'clock and didn't want to be late.  Got breakfast over by noon and headed the two miles to Bill (On Our Way) and (Chillin' with PatsyPatsy's place for an afternoon visit.

They have a very nice Gazebo outside and we sat out there talking about the recent events in our lives.  Took awhile for Gibbs and Yuma to settle down, but they eventually did.  I enjoyed our visit and I am so thankful that events came about to where it was possible to have our visit.

My friends, Bill and Patsy and Yuma's "friend", Gibbs.

It was close to dinner time when I made it home.  I cooked a pork chop and some fried sliced potatoes for dinner.  Of course, I shared with Yuma.  I have limited cooking abilities, so I repeat dinners quite often.  Not much variety, but it keeps me healthy.  I have lost about six pounds, but all in my stomach area, so that's good.

I can't believe it's 8:30 already and Yuma is ready for bed.  Soon, we will both call it a night.

Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

  1. It was good that you could get over for a visit with Bill and Patsy. I'm sure Yuma was happy to see his friend, Gibbs, again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Yuma and Gibbs wore each other out. A nice sunny day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the weather cooperated, so you could enjoy your visit.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your time with friends.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete