Thursday, January 7, 2021

Chicken Thursday

 Woke up before the sun this morning and just laid back and relaxed until after the sun came over the mountain.  

I didn't feel very energetic today for some reason.  Went through my morning routine and had breakfast on the lounge chair soaking up the sun.  I really need more sun on my skin at my age. 😀  just adds to the wrinkles. 

They told me my computer would be ready today or tomorrow when I took it in so I just hoped today was the day.  But, it wasn't 😞

At 4:30 I was dressing for our big event of the day : Chicken Thursday!  When I opened the door Yuma raced right over to Shane's place.  He could smell chicken!  Shane had cooked up a bunch of chicken wings and there was cheese and sausage on a toothpick.  I brought Tostito Scoops with dip and we sat around till dark eating and chatting.

Shane and Tom

Deb and Cathy and Yuma


When night fell

White Lion

we moved over to Tom's place for a fireside chat.  There was no wind and the fire wood was so dry it didn't produce any smoke as it burned.




As the fire died down and coolness spread across the desert, I headed back to the White Lion with my trusty flashlight.  Had to feed Yuma and publish my post for the day and then have dessert and call it another successful day in the desert. 

See you later.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a relaxing day! Probably needed a good day off rest and a little more sunshine!!😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know if it was good or not. With this weather it's easy to lay around and do nothing. Have to resist the temptation 😀

      Delete
  2. Too bad your computer wasn't ready today. Tomorrow must be the day! It sounds like a great evening was had by all. The fire was lovely. Couldn't ask for a more relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasted a day relaxing waiting for the call, but it didn't come. Hopefully today! We had a relaxing evening and Shane and Cathy put out a great snack bar that was really filling. 😀

      Delete
  3. Chicken Thursday a new tradition?! Sounds yummy to me! A fire to top it off, does life get any better?! I think not! Hoping your computer is ready today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. I'm hoping to have a larger keypad to work with today 😀 We had a great time last night and the weather was great.

      Delete
  4. Isn't Wings Wednesday? No matter you're retired and any day with friends, hot wings, under the stars and a bonfire is a great day! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Jeff. Doing retirement my way is the best way. Had a beautiful evening with friends.

      Delete