Friday, January 26, 2018

Bath day for Yuma and Gold Rush

Friday, January 26, 2018 – Location:  Palm Canyon Road south of Quartzsite, AZ

Just couldn’t get to sleep last night for some reason.  Finally, around 3 A.M. I dozed off and woke up for the final time at 8 o’clock.

Didn’t have any plans for today except to give Yuma a bath so he will be all clean for tomorrow’s Bloggerfest.   He’s all clean and drying off in the sun.

  

I also called Verizon to change my plan to a straight 40 gig plan and remove the unlimited plan.  However, as I was talking to the nice rep, Tad, I happened to ask him if I tethered my laptop to my phone would that still count towards a total of 15 gigs of WIFI usage.   Tad said no.  I could use the Jetpack for 15 gigs and the cell phone for 15 gigs giving me 30 gigs to use on my laptop.  That’s plenty, so didn’t go with the 40 gig plan after all.  Saved $20.  Still, $200 a month for Internet is a lot I think.

After accomplishing those two things, I did nothing today except lay around and take short walks with Yuma.  




It’s now 5 o’clock and I’ve already set up my Dish and it grabbed a signal in about 5 minutes, so I’m ready.

Went outside for the final shots of the evening as the sun was setting.  I didn’t have the camera set on Action, but that didn’t stop Yuma from having one last tear around the MH.  He was racing so fast I couldn’t keep up with him running circles around me!  He was really kicking up the dust!

 







Ready for Gold Rush now.  See you later.

21 comments:

  1. That Yuma! All clean and sweet to meet his fans. Beautiful sunset, again. I love the pictures of Yuma racing. What an amazing dog! Have a good night! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuma sure was feisty. Wish I had the time to set camera for action shots. With all that dust he needs another bath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met Ya at the very first Blogger fest. Him and Pheebs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you and Joe. I know life changes for us all.

    I'm so glad to see you are living life and finding enjoyment in memory of Joe.

    Can't believe this is the fourth year now. Time passes so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect day. Yuma looks so cute and I love the dust he's stirring. He's a very happy fella. I'm sure he'll be excited to meet everyone at Bloggerfest again.
    Love the pictures!!! I'm going to have to remember that spot when next we're in the area. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think Yuma just​ wanted to get dirty again after his bath. He sure has a lot of energy.

      Delete
  6. Sure will be glad to get medically fit to return to the areas you are in. I got addicted to desert life years ago and it's still in my system. Only in the winter months however,those summer heats are disastrous. Keep up the photo's there is lots to view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wayne. Now that I have the data I need I can pick up the number of photos.

      Glad you're getting back into good health. Out here, it is important to feel your best to enjoy everything there is to offer.

      Delete
  7. Doug, great pictures of Yuma kicking up some dust! He is a good companion. Have fun at bloggerfest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rawn. After thinking about it, the blurry pictures are more realistic of what was happening. Yuma was racing like mad and kicking up the dust.

      Looks to be an excellent day for the Bloggerfest! Yuma likes attention so he will eat it up.

      Delete
  8. Love the shots of Yuma running around kicking up att that dust, Will be nice to see you guys again . Love your sunset photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George. Yuma was getting all dirty again. We'll see you and Suzie at the Bloggerfest.

      Delete
  9. Can't wait to meet Yuma and and you too of course :) Those are great action shots of him! Pictures are beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yuma was showing off his rabbit chasing skills. Maybe, showing off for the camera a little too.

      See you two at the Bloggerfest.

      Delete
  10. Love the pictures of Yuma running and kicking up dust...pure enjoyment is what they convey. Looking forward to seeing you two at Bloggerfest later today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you. Yuma loves to jump and ​run. We're looking forward to meeting you two at the Bloggerfest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Moonfly. Don't miss these great pics of Yuma today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Doug, Wow - I am so glad your camera was set exactly as it was - because you have truly captured magic with these shots of Yuma. The golden angle of the sun thru the dust makes it look like Yuma is setting the desert on fire ! Apparently, by accident or luck - you caught some once in a lifetime photos ! Congratulations ! Also, I hope you guys had a great day at Bloggerfest 🌵🌷🐢🐕🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Moonfly. I was upset because I didn't have camera set for action, but you're right, it did catch the flavor of the moment perfectly.

      Delete
  14. oh! I love the shots of Yuma runninghe looks so happy. it was great to see you today. both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. I think Yuma is a camera hound. He loves to show off sometimes.

      Delete