Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Heading for Tombstone, Arizona and beyond

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

IMG_7473

Beautiful sunrise!  Looks kind of like one of Trump’s nuclear explosions.  Sorry, no politics allowed.

IMG_7479This morning around 7:30, we were headed straight west with the warm sun over our shoulders toward Tombstone, Arizona.  Another beautiful partly sunny day and the highs to be around 65.

It’s only about 50 miles to Tombstone, so we should be there plenty early and have our breakfast when we arrive and find us a parking spot.

The drive from Bisbee to Tombstone was beautiful.  IMG_7489Tombstone is down in the valley ahead of us under a clear blue sky.





IMG_7504IMG_7518Arrived in Tombstone around 10 A.M and found us a great Bus and RV free parking lot right next to Allen street.  Still early and there is hardly anyone here, so Yuma and I decided to do our tour early and have breakfast later.

Yep.  Not a soul here on Allen Street.

IMG_7519

IMG_7520

IMG_7521IMG_7524

IMG_7531

IMG_7528IMG_7530

IMG_7539

IMG_7541

IMG_7543

IMG_7547

IMG_7551

IMG_7552

IMG_7556

IMG_7577

IMG_7588

IMG_7590-001

The Tombstone County Courthouse.

IMG_7558

IMG_7559

IMG_7597

IMG_7582

IMG_7594

IMG_7562IMG_7564

I think there are enough photos for one day.

See you later.

IMG_7563

Told me what kind of dog he is but I forgot.  I think it was an Australian Shepherd.

I have photos of the Tombstone Cemetery too, but will put those in tomorrow’s post.



21 comments:

  1. I can't believe the whole town of Tombstone was deserted! We're the stores open? Love the stagecoaches! Looks like Yuma was able to make a new friend. ☺ Really wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dolly. It was 8:30. A little early for tourists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoyed Tombstone during our short visit in the area. Love the pictures. Yuma looks to be having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My sunrise doesn't compare to the ones you take, but it's a start. Yuma loves playing with dogs his size. That Fergie is just too little and mean.

      Delete
  4. I like that cool ol Tombstone town! Looks like you were the only cowboy there! Love the blue skies. And I love you!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. Glad you and Jim are enjoying my journey. I was wearing my cowboy hat. Love you.

      Delete
  5. Glad you enjoyed your short visit to Tombstone. Looks like they've added to it since we were there.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was nice to be their early and miss the crowds. Made it easier to take pictures. The area I found the horse I had not seen on my previous trip. Not sure. If it is new or I missed it.

      Delete
  6. Great pictures. Even when we have been there at night there are a few people walking around. Strange to see it with no one walking down the sidewalks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I guess the visitors to Tombstone are not early risers. It was great for taking pictures.

      Delete
  7. Wow...you are so lucky! I've always wanted to visit Tombstone. Looks fantastic!

    Margie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. It's a nice place. It is in a valley surrounded by mountains. Makes you think of the old days when cowboys spent days riding just to get there.

      Delete
  8. Tombstone looks good - not sure if horses get a winter coat ? But the team of whites with red stagecoach looks like one has long almost wooly hair. Yuma likes to mix it up with the big dogs - so excited that he went airborne !! Cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moonfly. I did notice the stagecoach horses looked a little ragged with long hair. Did I get enough Yuma pics in for you? He loves to jump.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. What a nice morning with no crowds, surprising though. Beautiful pictures! Looks like a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. It was nice being there early with no crowds on such a beautiful morning. Yuma and I enjoyed it. Hope you two are over your colds.

      Delete
  10. That was a nice break being in Tombstone without the crowds of people that are so often milling about on Allen street. Hard to photographically capture the old western feeling and history of the town when people keep walking into the shots. We're over on the other side of the Dragoon Mountains northeast of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad I got there so early. I see you're making a visit to old Friends. Enjoy.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful photos, Doug. We were there once. Also went up to Fort Huachuca, but I'm not sure it is open any more...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Cheryl Ann. I may just head that way after taking care of a few things here in Tucson. Did you like the Fort Huachuca area?

    ReplyDelete