Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Open Live Writer Problems and Palm Trees

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 – Location:  Palm Canyon Road

Yesterday evening I finished my post and pushed the Publish button with Open Live Writer like I’ve done a thousand times.  What do I get?  A 500 server error.  Doesn’t tell me the problem, just errors out.  I tried everything I could think of to make it work.  When I tried publishing without photos, the post published.  I was tired, so I put a note out there saying no photos because of an error and went to bed.

In the morning, it was cold!  35 degrees of cold.  I looked up Yuma and they were at 54 degrees.  What am I doing here?  I turned on the Wave heater and took Yuma for his morning walk.  He just loves it here.  He was running circles around me going a hundred miles an hour!



Racing towards home.  There isn’t another person within a mile of my camp.


Then I worked in earnest trying to figure my publishing problem out.  I knew I could do it.   I’m not going to bore you with all the things I tried that failed, but in the end, I decided to try using Blogger editor and I was able to upload my photos and build my post and publish it.  Somehow, I have a problem with Open Live Writer and Google Photos.  I tried adding an album named Open Live Writer but it didn’t work.   At least I can publish my blog, so I’m happy!

Around 10 A.M. I heard a vehicle outside and stepped out.  It was a ranger and he asked that I wait at the MH.   I waited while he ran my vehicles through a check and then stepped out of the truck.  I just knew he was going to tell me to leave.   Just to make my whole day just great!

Nope.   He said I was fine and he was just going around making sure folks knew about the 14 day limit.  That’s really great!

Around 2:30, Yuma was sick of me working on and cursing this laptop, so we headed out for a run up to Palm Tree Mountain.

It was a beautiful drive to the canyon but the road is dusty and wash boardy.




I’ve done the hike up to the palm trees a number of times over the years, but I must say, this year it wore me out.  I still have work to do to get into shape and I’m already three weeks into this journey.  But the hike was worth it! 

I got there around 3 P.M. and the late afternoon sun was hitting right on the crack in the canyon wall where they were.  Fantastic!  I don’t know if I could make the climb again if they were in shadows and I couldn’t get decent photos.

Looking back on our hike up the canyon.


They are high up on the north side of the canyon wall.

   



        
   
We got back to camp around 4 P.M. and did some resting before making dinner.  Tomorrow, maybe I will try to tackle Quartzsite if I have the strength.

See you later.

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of the palms! So glad you were able to get them published - finally! Darn modern technology.😀 The pictures of Yuma happily running were awesome. Stay warm tonight! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. It is amazing the difference in Yuma now that he is here. He can't wait to go outside.

      I'm glad I caught the palm trees with the sun on them. It was a difficult hike for me and I didn't want to do it again.

      Delete
  2. Sure is frustrating with all these blogging problems at the moment. Blogger worked Okay for about two thirds through my Monday post then simply quit working altogether. Wouldn't upload any more photos or text. Tonight neither Blogger or Live Writer will post if it has a photo in it. If it wasn't for Kelly I think I would have just thrown the computer out the window and took up basket weaving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're too old and dumb for this new fangled technology! I spent a lot of hours yesterday and today trying to publish my post. I think this last update for Windows 10 is causing me problems.

      Good luck with yours. If I had Kelly's email today​, I would have written for help.:)

      Delete
  3. Good to see Yuma running wild and free - he has waited about a week or so. I think it is colder in KOFA because of the elevation. Your feet may be cold but your heart is warmed by seeing Yuma so excited. You sure got some great photos of the palms. Rest up before tackling Quartzsite - it's just a big flea market swarming with people. Your story about the Ranger had me worried - glad all is OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moonfly. The ranger did give me a scare because when they stop by it usually means trouble. First time for me and it turned out good.

      Glad I got up the canyon while the sun was hitting the palm trees. Not sure I could trek up there again anytime soon.

      The cold won't last long and it is worth it for Yuma to be happy again and running like the wind.

      Delete
  4. Nice you got your pictures to publish, got some beautiful pictures! It might be a bit cooler but at least Yuma is much happier! Take care Dad. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. It'll warm up soon enough. Yuma is much happier now and we have a nice secluded place to stay for awhile. Love you.

      Delete
  5. Love your pictures of the Palm Canyon, we were there a few years ago and loved it, brings back memories. Good Luck with blogger, works fine for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George. It gets a little tougher to make the climb each year, but good exercise.

      Just waiting now for someone to put a fix out there. I've done all I know to do.

      Delete
  6. Was hoping you had figured out Open Live Writer, as it can be used off-line - while the Blogger Editor has to be used online ... I can't afford the bandwidth. But it's sure good to follow you and see the photos again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff. I'm going to be patient and wait for someone to figure it out. I'm almost out of data and can't afford to play around right now.

      Delete
  7. Glad you managed to get your posts to publish. I love your pictures. What an awesome hike!
    Yuma looks so happy. Little puffs of dust as he hurries along on his way. He's a completely different dog now.
    Glad you and the Ranger seen things the same way and you didn't have to move.
    Good luck with the publishing error. Sorry I can't help but blogger seems work okay for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yuma is very happy now. He loves it here and so do I.

      I was nervous when the ranger pulled up and told me stay back. First time I've ever had a ranger come by. Glad he was just checking. He was probably glad to be back on the job after the shutdown.

      Glad your posts are publishing okay. You must be living right.

      Delete
  8. Same problem here. I tried things that have worked in the past but not this time. I hate blogger and my post was completely done. Didn't have the energy to start over in blogger. At least I'm not alone in this. Might be time for me to throw in the blogging towel. Glad you got something to work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I ended up doing is typing my post offline in Live Writer and plugging in my edited pictures for reference. I then save my post as a draft.

    Then I open Blogger on line and copy my text into a new blogger post and clean up the text. Then I upload my edited pictures using Blogger and add them to the post and review. If looks okay, I Publish using Blogger. A little extra work but not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuma looks ecstatic to be there and what a beautiful place. The palm trees are something else! I hate when something messes up with blogging..because I know nothing when it comes to fixes. I'm too old. Last time I had something happen, took it to Geek Squad and the young kid there was no help, but eventually it got fixed..Good luck, but what you did today looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yuma is glad to be out of Yuma. He just does not like the sounds of shooting or booming.

      Now that I've found a way to publish, the pressure is off and I'll patiently wait for a solution.

      This is a great location for us. Quiet and remote with the beautiful mountains for a backdrop. We can relax here.

      Delete
  11. Just ran into your blog on the net while trying to figure out why my blog won't post from Open Live Writer. Text is fine and pictures won't post (error 500.) I am running Windows 7 so the problem is not limited to Windows 10. Hugely frustrating when you have a large post ready to go and then ....nothing. Hope someone finds out how to fix this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. It is frustrating. With so many with the same problem at least we know it's not something we did to screw it up.

      I'll just use Bloggers editor and Publish using it since it works for me until someone comes up with a solution.

      Delete
  12. We were up at the Palm canyon hike yesterday also. In fact I saw your silver jeep drive by our camp on PC road. We were at the palms hike about 2 hours earlier when they were in full sun. Incredible sight that's for sure. Apparently there is a trail that climbs right up to the palms. Did you attempt that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried climbing up to the palm trees last year, but ran into problems. There was a big Boulder to climb up and over. But Yuma is afraid of heights and wouldn't go over it with me so that was that.

      This year I was so exhausted when I got to the sign I was just glad I made it that far.

      I'm camped along the south side of the gas line dirt road just off PC Road. This is a great camp.

      Delete
  13. Hey! I adore your pictures of the 🌴 palm trees! I think they are so interesting growing out of the canyon. I’m so glad you were able to figure out your publishing problem. And I’m even more glad that Yuma is happy again! Stay warm Doug! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Sarah. They grow right out of a crevice high on the canyon wall. Technology problems can be a bummer. Yuma is happy now and enjoying life. Love you, Keats and Jim.

    ReplyDelete