Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Rock Climbing

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 – Location:  Ajo, Arizona

Made sure I took two Tylenol before going to bed and I woke up with just a little soreness in my right ankle.  But no problem.  Didn’t get out of bed till 8 A.M. and that probably helped.  My Verizon reception is so bad out here, I have to go in the living room to use my phone internet with the booster, otherwise nada.

It called for cloudy with chance of sprinkles today, but all I have seen is sunny and windy.   There are clouds off to the west, but not approaching so far.

IMG_7865After breakfast, Yuma and I decided to drive over to a huge group of boulders just south of Ajo Peak.  The road goes right up to it, so no long walks today.  With this wind, we will be staying close to home.

Wasn’t a long drive and we came across a nice looking wind mill along the way.

IMG_7863

Got fairly close and then we walked the last half mile.  Didn’t need water this time.  I could see the Jeep back there. 

I know it looks like I’m wearing one of those flimsy Walmart Hawaiian shirts, but that’s a rugged southwestern camouflage shirt.  If you believe that, I’ve got a dozen, I’ll sell at $80 a piece.

IMG_7868IMG_7870

IMG_7874Yuma and I were climbing around in the boulders when a military jet let off a loud thunderous sonic boom.  First one I’ve heard.  Didn’t hear the jet, just the sudden boom bouncing off Black Mountain to our southeast.  Needless, to say, that was it for Yuma.  He hates loud noises.  He was off to the Jeep and that was it.

We headed back towards Black Mountain and home.

IMG_7875

We spent the rest of the afternoon resting and rocking with the wind in the MH.  Nice to relax and get a little sun before the clouds roll in.  The clouds are getting darker and they still call for sprinkles tonight.

Artist alley:

IMG_7794IMG_7796IMG_7798IMG_7795IMG_7799

See you later.

14 comments:

  1. More fantastic murals! There are some very talented folks there. Poor Yuma! Cool windmill. I wonder if it actually works. Sorry you only haw flimsy Hawaiian Walmart shirts to wear. Time to hit the army surplus store! Hope you have a quiet night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. I like my shirts. The windmill is churning away doing what ever it does. There's a ranch nearby so it may be pulling water from the ground. Had ots or rain and wind but was gone by ten. Quiet for the remainder of the night.

      Delete
  2. Love those murals. I agree with Dolly, there are certainly some very talented people in Ajo. Poor pup, but he looks excited to be getting back in the jeep. We had no AT&T service in that area at all. We had good verizon signal for the internet though. Hope you continue to enjoy the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuma didn't like the boom one bit. Lots more to do in the area, so should be here for a few more days.

      I must be between the mountains and the tower. I notice driving around, there is good reception most everywhere but this spot.

      Delete
  3. Hey I'll take a couple of the shirts for $80! Sounds like a good deal! Looks nice and peaceful out there. Take care Dad. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hoped I would get a taker, but not my own son! Thanks Steve. Love you.

      Delete
  4. Hey Doug it was 4 years ago today you and Dolly and Fergie dropped around to our place in Congress and that was our first meeting. Now ain't that something eh:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that day well! You and Kelly were a big inspiration into our decision to go to the Southwest and to try out the boondocking lifestyle. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Another great day! That's a great picture of Yuma..but if that's him wanting in the Jeep because of the noise..poor little thing! The murals are amazing..way to put the talent in the area to good use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There are some really pretty murals coming up. They've added quite a few since last year. That Yuma is a jumper!

      Delete
  6. If you put a dog treat on the edge of Jeep's roof, I think Yuma could grab it in one of his vertical leaps ! Wow ! Go to Dollar General in Ajo and get a bag of Epsom salt - great for soaking tired feet and ankles. It really works too. Also, I like your shirt - it reflects the Hawaiian Spirit of hang loose. And as you are beginning to finally relax - you are blooming in the desert ! Aloha. 🌵🐕🐢🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moonfly. Yuma can jump. I have to watch out or I'll get conked in the head.

      It has been so warm, I'm wearing my lightest shirts.

      I'll get some of the salts next time I'm in town. I know I'll need them soon enough.

      Delete
  7. The pictures you have been posting of the Murals have been beautiful.
    I was going to say my favorite picture today was the windmill, love the old windmills, then I saw the one of Yuma jumping and thought that is the one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Yuma is a jumper. He's always been that way. Didn't put artist murals in tonight. Just too many pictures to add them. Definitely taking time off tomorrow and will continue.

      Delete