Sunday, January 21, 2018

Football Play-off games today

Sunday, January 21, 2018 – Location:  Mittry Lake near Yuma, Arizona

Last night, the wind blew quite vigorously till about midnight, then it quieted down.  This morning, I woke up fairly early to a cool and clear day.  Had to run the Wave heater for awhile to warm the place up to a comfortable level.

There was gunfire on and off throughout the day, so Yuma had another bad day cowering in the bathroom.  Poor guy.  Well, tomorrow we’ll be out of here and he can get back to normal once again.  Those are the looks I get when I try to get him to go outside with me.

IMG_8328IMG_8330

It’s been three weeks since I left home and all the stuff I threw in the MH to sort out and store properly later was still where I put it.  Well, it’s later!  I was tired of seeing clutter and plus with all the wind there was dust and dirt everywhere.

So, While waiting for the games to start, I unpacked everything and put them away.  Then I pulled all the rugs and beat them clean and swept the floor.  Then I got down on my knees and hand wiped the floors with a wet rag to get clean of all dust.  Now, the place looks so good I just may keep it and not buy that big beautiful diesel MH that I want, but most certainly do not need.

IMG_8329I just finished cleaning and it was time for some football! 

Dolly and I have a special interest in the outcome of these two games.  In our family football pool, Dolly and I still have teams in the running for the Super Bowl.  Dolly has Jacksonville and they have to beat the very tough New England team to move on to the Super Bowl, while I have the Eagles against the Vikings.  It would be neat if Dolly and I both win and our teams play against each other for the title!

Well, it wasn’t to be.  Dolly’s Jacksonville put up a great fight, but lost in the final minutes of the game, so New England is in.  I, however, won my game handily, so the Eagles are in.  That is the reason this post is so late.  I had to root the Eagles on till the very end.

IMG_8334

IMG_8331IMG_8337

That’s about it for today.  Time for a late supper and bed to read.  The book I’m reading is “Rattlesnake Wells, Wyoming”, by William Johnstone.  It’s a cowboy story, if you couldn’t guess by the name.  I like simple stuff that doesn’t tax my brain too much.

See you later.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and the Eagles on an awesome win - and trip to the Super Bowl! Poor Yuma looked very miszy. I'm sure he'll be glad, when his Daddy takes him away from all the gunfire. Glad you got everything organized. Very pretty sunset tonight. Sleep well! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dolly. Would have been great if we had both won and we fought it out in the Super Bowl.

      Yuma can't wait to get out of this place. Too bad. I like it here.

      Delete
  2. Travel safe on you next adventure, Nice that your team won. Too bad about Dolly's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuma is such a cutie! He'll be happier away from all the noise, but I can see why you like it there, beautiful. Great pictures and a beautiful sunset once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Yuma is sweet and I'm sure he'll be glad to leave.

      Delete
  4. Sorry Dolly, Congrats Doug.

    Poor Yuma, he's so pitiful and sad. I'll be glad for him when you move on, it isn't fun being so frightened.

    Great pictures. Do you hire out for house keeping? I have a mop and a dust rag, I don't do anything that requires me to get on my knees to clean except the throne. LOL.

    Safe travels Doug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. At least one of us won. I don't clean the MH often, but it really needed a good scrubbing. Haven't gotten to the bathroom yet.

      Delete
  5. If you ever have a chance/extra money - it would be fun to get a Wisdom Panel dog DNA test kit for Yuma. You do a cheek swab (inside mouth - that's fun right there) and send it off to a lab. There are other brands but Wisdom Panel 3.0 or 4.0 has the biggest dog breed DNA database with accurate results and easy detailed reports. Anyway, I bet Yuma has a lot of Greyhound (high jumpers & fast double suspension gallop) or Italian Greyhound (loves to sit on your lap) or Whippet ( also a sighthound breed). I didn't know any of these things until I did some "googling" this morning - but Yuma's sad (bad day) gunshot pics kind of touched my heart. Hope you have a safe travel day and the government shutdown doesn't mess up any plans or BLM stuff. 🌵🌷🐕🐢😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moonfly. Yuma is a jumper and he loves to crawl up and lay in my lap when I'm in the lounge chair, so he could have Greyhound blood in him.

      Delete
  6. Congradulations! Eagles looked really good yesterday. Good luck in the Super Bowl! To bad Yuma can't enjoy your stay there! Have fun. Love you. Have you had a team in the Super Bowl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. You'll have to ask Dolly because I can't remember if I had a Superbowl team or not. Love you.

      Delete