Friday, January 19, 2018

Stayed around camp

Friday, January 19, 2018 – Location ;  Mittry Lake near Yuma, Arizona

This morning was beautiful once more.  Unfortunately the shooting and booming continued yet again today.  I sat around after breakfast reading and answering blogs and before I knew it, it was noon and I just didn’t feel like going anywhere today.

I spent part of the morning running the generator to give it some exercise with the AC running.  Got so cold, I had to leave the door open and sit outside near the door to enjoy both sun and AC.  What a life!  I think I dropped the temperature from 78 to 77 in the state of Arizona today.

Around 2 P.M., Yuma would still not leave my side.  I knew he had to go to the bathroom, but he was too afraid.  So, we got in the Jeep and drove around to the south entrance of the lake and fortunately before a boom occurred he did all his business.  We came right home, but he was happy and I was happy.  Mission accomplished!  What a dog owner will do for his beloved dog.

IMG_8270   IMG_8271

IMG_8272

IMG_8273

IMG_8283

IMG_8286

If you ever wondered how the California vegetables got out of the ground, here is the way they do it.  With cheap labor and hard work all day in the beating sun.

IMG_8260IMG_8261IMG_8262

Transportation and bathroom facilities all in one.

IMG_8263

IMG_8287

IMG_8289

Tonight is again Gold Rush night and I already have the Dish on and the TV going.  Didn’t take long tonight.

See you later.

15 comments:

  1. It's good to have a nice relaxing day, once in awhile. I hope things are quiet for little Yuma this weekend. Pretty pictures of the lake and Castle Dome! Harvesting IS hard, backbreaking work. Enjoy Gold Rush! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dolly. Will cool down tomorrow,so can take Yuma with me without fear of him overheating​ in the jeep. I like the Castle Dome photo too.

    Glad my Dish set up went well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice area around the lake. How big is the lake? Like mom said good to get some rest in but appears you've been doing a lot of relaxing :) Hope all those gunshots quit so Yuma can relax. Take care. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lake covers a lot of area, but there isn't a lot of water. More reeds than water.

      I'm hoping the Army takes the weekend off to give Yuma a rest. I'm leaving Monday so Yuma won't have to put up with anymore warfare.

      Yeah, I'm kinda liking this relaxing time. Love you Steve.

      Delete
  4. The last picture of the sunset is beautiful. Always nice to have a day to just lay back and relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was such a nice warm day, I decided to get some son and do nothing. Tomorrow will cool down so I will do stuff tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. We haven't done much either the last couple days and I think it's the heat that drains the energy out of some of us. Looking forward to cooler air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Al. It is warm here in Yuma, but this morning things have cooled down.

      Yuma and I need to get out today.

      Delete
  6. I agree - lovely spot with vivid colors - but it's hard to relax when your best buddy can't. Time to move on - there are more damsels to be rescued somewhere down the road - your work here is done. Sounds like you're packing out on Monday - hope the wargames give it a rest for the weekend. Yuma doesn't like to take a road trip just to poop !! Ha! 🌵🌷🐢🐕🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moonfly. You're right. I'm sure there are more adventures down the road where Yuma can relax.

      Isn't quiet this weekend either. Some one way across the lake is doing some shooting practice and that's all it takes. Yuma is hiding.

      Delete
  7. Nice to just hang out for the day and enjoy the weather, Too bad the noise bother's Yuma so much maybe a quieter place needs to be found soon. Wonderful sunset picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, George. Can't stay here too much longer. Nofun for Yuma. Be heading to Quartzsite sooner than expected.

      Delete
  8. Your pictures of the lake are gorgeous! That poor Yuma. Hope the shooting stops soon for him, but I have a feeling you’ll be on to your next location before that happens. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah. Thank you.

      I think you're right. Today, local yokels are shooting somewhere off in the distance and that's all it takes. Yuma won't come out.

      Delete
  9. We all need rest days. Poor Yuma, I'm sure he's very stressed at this campsite.

    Love the pictures. Nothing like providing none stop working environments.

    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete