Thursday, December 10, 2020

Animal Trail

 This morning it was another 8:30 morning.  It rained a little off and on last night, but you could hardly tell when I stepped outside.  Cooler today with a high of 65 with partly cloudy skies.  I think I'm going to like it better than the 75 degree days.Had our breakfast and around noon decided to hike around the area today.   Walked back to the large wash behind camp.

Dead tree.

Wash.  Vehicles drive thru them like roads.

Cholla cactus

When Dolly and I first came to this area, the cactus above had two arms hanging out and low like it was asking for a hug.  Now one arm has fallen and the other is hanging straight down. :(


Our camping area.  We're the second from the right of the four RVs.

Found a donkey/burro trail.
The proof is in the droppings on the trail. :)

We followed the trail eastward taking in the pretty views as we went.



There is my camp down there.

My what big ears you have!
I saw this guy zipping up the hillside and took aim and fired not knowing if I caught the jack rabbit until I got home and when looking at the pictures there he was.  Good thing Yuma didn't see it.

Got home around two o'clock and it was so nice out I lounged around for awhile.  Yuma was tired and so was I.  Fairly long walk for us.  7300 steps today.

When I bought the White Lion there were six house batteries in it.  When I put the solar panels on it, I didn't really didn't know how the batteries would hold up over time.  Now I know they aren't holding up.  Overnight now my battery percentage is dropping to 40% which isn't good.  The only thing running is the fridge.

I contacted the folks that put my solar panels in and will be setting up an appointment  for a couple weeks down the road to put new ones in.  They are in Yuma, Arizona.
Beautiful sunset.
I may have special visitors moving into the area tomorrow. :)  Can't say who they are so you'll have to come back tomorrow to find out.

See you later.

14 comments:

  1. A gorgeous sunset! If Yuma had cased that jack rabbit, he may have ended up in the middle of the cholla. Maybe next time, you'll see some burros on that trail. Poor hugging saguaro. I guess his arms got to heavy. Really liked the pics of your area. Enjoy your visitors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. I guess the old bo is getting old like me. Would like to see a burro out here but they are sneaky. That rabbit made a beeline up the hill when Yuma wasn't looking. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the area you are in. Looks like a wide open area. Too bad about the solar, you will figure it out, I guess you will go to Yuma. Well take care Doug. I think we will go down to Green Valley next Tuesday. Maybe we can meet up, and Yuma can play with Peanut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rawn. My old batteries have given out. Heading to Yuma for new ones. I'll be back for a stay in Tucson for a spell in the spring. Be great for Yuma to meet Peanut.

      Delete
  3. You've got to admit the scenery is gorgeous in Arizona. Good luck with the solar panels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty here and remote. Hope to get new batteries on the 21st.

      Delete
  4. Can you blame that cloud cover for poor battery charging? Nice shot of that jack-a-lope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Batteries have sulvated to the point of not holding a charge. Lucky shot. Just zoomed and shot. :)

      Delete
  5. The openness of the area is breath taking. We don't have that now and I miss it. I know you will enjoy spending time with your new neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful expansive area with few people. Got to love it.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures once again! The Saguaro is so sad :( Thus goes the circle of life...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Shirley. Getting Cole enough for you and Ken?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fourth photo up from the last is just great...looks like a wonderful place to be.Glad you are enjoying. I do love to see the desert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like the wide open spaces of the west. I like the desert too, Judith.

      Delete