Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Darby Wells Cemetary

 Got up at 8:30 to a beautiful sunny and balmy 61 degree morning with no winds.  By the time I finished breakfast at around noon, the wind had picked up a little and I could see clouds coming in from the southwest.

I had run out of milk so I decided Yuma and I would run into Ajo to the Olsen Grocery and Hardware store.  It is a very nice store and has all the groceries you would want.  

Yuma came along and I left the windows open enough so he could stick his head out as it was 75 by then.  Wasn't long before I was done and back home with a quick stop at the green grass park so Yuma could sniff around. 

In the background is the old train depot.  Now it is a welcome center.  I haven't been inside but will one day and leave Yuma in the Jeep.

We got home and put things away and it was starting to  cloud up.  Today is the last 70s day and we may have rain in the morning.  Highs will only be in the mid 60s for awhile.  It was such a nice day, we decided to drive about 3 miles up Darby Well Rd and check out the cemetery.

There is some information on the Internet but not too much.  The land was donated to be used as Burial Grounds for Native Americans.  Those are crows on the ornament at the top.




There's Black Mountain in the background off to the southeast.



After touring the cemetery we drove a little further west towards Locomotive Rock and Ajo Peak.  Clouds have thickened blocking out the sun.



Instead of driving the road, we stopped and walked, so Yuma could check for wildlife and I could get some exercise.  Got in 7300 steps today.  Doing better.

Black Mountain in the background.


We got home about 3:30 and the sun had come back out.  It was so beautiful, I just laid in the lounger till 5 o'clock and then got up to fix dinner.

I thought we may get rain in the morning, but I guess it got moved up.  It is sprinkling lightly outside now as I'm working on my blog and I hear thunder.  Yuma is off the couch and under my chair now.  He doesn't like thunder.

After finishing and posting I am going to have dessert and watch a little TV before calling it a night.

See you later.

14 comments:

  1. I remember the cemetary very well. Such a peaceful place. Surprised to see the crows, though. Love all the scenic picture. Yes, Olsen's had everything but Coke Zero. 😃 I guess Pepsi Zero will have to do. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful cemetary and well taken care of by the locals. Not sure about this Pepsi substitute. I'll try it. :(

      Delete
  2. Ooooooh crows on the crosses in a cemetery? There's a scary movie in the making!! I do love wandering through cemeteries seeing who lived in the area when it was booming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little leery and watching for ghosts. Yuma ran (flew) them off thank goodness.

      Delete
  3. Isn't it interesting how cemetaries appeal to us? That one looks lovely.
    Your larger pictures are great, saves me a double click! ha ha Every click saved helps!
    We need to correct Dolly though. No, Pepsi Zero will NEVER do! I know, I know, in a pinch, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, can't we try to heal these deep divisions over Pepsi Zero and Coke Zero that are tearing our society apart? Can't we all come together as North Americans and agree that they both taste like javelina snot?

      Delete
    2. Oh no! Going to try that Pepsi soon and I'll let the world know if you're right or wrong Lee.

      Delete
    3. Patsy, you're right about both cemeteries and Coke Zero. The cemetery is well taken care of by the locals and I hope I can stomach the Pepsi. :)

      Delete
  4. The clouds add some definition to the pictures, but bring the cooler days with them. However they will interfere with the watching the convergence of Jupiter and Saturn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not Jeff. It's getting close now. Got my alarm set.

      Delete
  5. Love the Arizona Sunshine. Making us jealous again.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your adventures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. You know there's lots of it in Arizona.

      Delete
  6. I believe the two crows in the cemetery photo are Ravens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered too, Franklin. Hard to tell unless I see their tail feathers.

      Delete