Sunday, December 6, 2020

Hike up some Cow Plops

 Had another good night.  In fact Yuma had to wake me at 9 o'clock or I might have slept the day away.  Stayed warm last night so didn't even need to kick on the heat to get rid of the chill as I've done the last few mornings.

Stepped outside to a beautiful quiet morning.  Fixed my coffee and crackers and Yuma and I sat outside and just enjoyed the serenity of the area.  If wasn't for the tinnitus in my ears there would have been dead silence.

It was past noon before I finished all my breakfast courses.  I was enjoying just being lazy.  I had to put up a canvas screen to keep the sun away because I'm facing west and it is darn hot in the sun.  Works perfectly.

I had a project to do.  While coming out, the bathroom door came loose and was starting to come apart.  I took it down and put it aside till I found some time to repair it and today is the day.  All I have to do is glue it back together and put it back up.  I should be able to manage.


As you can see, Yuma was watching to make sure I did it right.  Once I was done I laid it in the sun to dry and Yuma said it was 2 o'clock and time for a Jeep ride.  He is tired of just hanging around.

We decided to take the scenic tour around the west side of Ajo Mountain and go through Ajo and back home.  As I drove along I was surprised to see all the empty RV sites with no one in them.  No crowds this year.

As we drove along we came up on the cow plops that Al Travel with the Bayfield Bunch and I had walked around a number of years ago.

Yuma was raring for a hike, so decided this was the place to do it.  See why they are called cow plops?


Look at that beautiful Organ Pipe Cactus next to that plop!  It is huge and beautiful.

There is another one!




See Yuma at the top of the tallest cow plop?  He wants me to come up and take a look.  Not sure about this.
I made it and Yuma was right.  You could see for miles.  That's Black Mountain across the way.

To the East is Ajo Mountain.  On the other side at the base is the town of Ajo.  See the cross at the top?  By the time we got down and back to the Jeep I was ready to call it a day.  Walked 6300 steps today.  Still short of my goal but I'll make it.  No hurry.  We didn't go around Ajo Mountain and through town, we just went the short way back the way we came.  It was already heading toward 4 o'clock.

At home I put up the bathroom door without a problem.  Yuma held the door while I put the screws in the hinges. 😁
That's me holding the handy dandy screw driver after my work was completed.  Yuma couldn't hold the camera steady, thus the out of focus picture.

It was then time to get dinner ready.  Had the exact same thing as last night and it was ready to eat just as the sun went down to the west.  Everything was excellent again!

As I was editing pictures, I received a video call from my next door neighbor, Wade on Messenger.  Never done that before and it works great.  We had a nice chat and he mentioned that he and his wife, Debbie are coming out to the Phoenix area next month.  They have a daughter that lives out here.  I'll try to time it so I'm in the Phoenix area around the time they are here.

Finished my blog now and ready to watch some TV for awhile before calling it a day. 
See you later.

23 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful day there. TGlad you got the door fixed. Thank goodness Yuma was there to lend a hand. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. It was just perfect today. Yuma is a big help :)

      Delete
  2. Funny, Yuma noses when it time to explore! And I too like to be lazy for awhile!And like you, then a hike with Peanut Joy who loves to hike, all ten pounds of her. Take it easy, Rawn Stone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rawn. Peanut is a great name for 10 pounds of pulling power. Yuma like most dogs loves to sniff things.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I remember that day we climbed up the 'cow plops'. Pheebs, Kelly and I were camped right at the base of them that time. Fewer people out there in the Darby Well area would be a big plus for sure. I'll be curious to see if that is the way it is in other spots you travel to. I imagine Quartzsite will see a big change in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been awhile. Thought of you on that climb. Beautiful area. Probably won't visit the Big Tent this year if they even have it. Hope we have our Blogfest though.

      Delete
  4. Nice job on the door but I had a hard time getting past the picture of you sitting out front of your rig, with Yuma, in the sun (and shade if you wanted). LOL
    Looks like a great spot. It's nice that there are a lot of empty places to camp........but then again it isn't. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. I must look a fright in my pjs. Best time of the day with my crackers and coffee and Yuma laying at my feet. :)

      Delete
  5. With everyone staying in Canada, there will be many unused spots. Nice to have such a great helper in Yuma. I'll have to see if I can teach Cooper to hold my camera!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuma is a big help and rarely gets into trouble. Not the best cameraman but learning. :)

      Delete
  6. Boy that door really fell apart! You did a good job putting it back together! How nice to be that warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did. Has slats and secured at the corners to hold it together. Corner came apart and it all came down. :) Enjoying these 75 degree days.

      Delete
  7. I'm sure all RVers carry a tool kit, but not many have enough glue to rebuild a bathroom door. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I was able to only glue the corners and push it all together so didn't have to glue each piece. :)

      Delete
  8. I've never seen a door do that. Good job getting it fixed. We had a beautiful sunrise but now it's getting cloudy. It's supposed to be cloudy for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many slat doors in motorhomes. Glad nothing broke. I'll take clouds if it stays warm. My solar panels get enough even on cloudy days to run the fridge. :)

      Delete
  9. Glad you were able to get the door put back together with Yuma's help.
    Due to the dry air it's not uncommon for wood panels or trim to come apart.
    I'm certain Al wishes he were at your location right now.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right. The White Lion is 21 years old. Getting old and falling apart like me. :) it was a nice warm day Nd I'm sure Al would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's cold and white up here...NCW, washington...Thanks for showing warm pics...
    I sure hope the world gets healthier, I need to hit the road this spring...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just a quick note ... from a ranch perspective, those are cow PIES. That's what we called them on the ranch. They look just like a nice round pie. Don't laugh, but when dry, they make great firewood!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here in AZ we are definitely way above our average temps. 80 here in Apache Junction yesterday. Great job on the door. Seems like there is always something that needs to be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it is remaining warm. I remember last year this time it was downright cold. I do like the Apace Junction area. Very pretty with the mountains. I'll be there sometime this winter.

      Delete