Saturday, December 5, 2020

Lazy Day

 Slept the best last night since starting my travels a week ago.  Got up this morning around 9 o'clock and it was already 50 degrees and nice outside with no wind at all.  Had my crackers and then cereal while sitting outside.

After cleaning the kitchen, Yuma and I took a walk over to the large wash south of where we're staying.







It was a beautiful morning with not a cloud in the sky.  For some reason this was the only walk of the day.  Only mustered 5000+ steps today.  Not sure why I just laid around but I did.  Yuma wanted to go somewhere in the Jeep but I didn't.  Not ready to get behind the wheel just. yet.

All but one of my neighbors cleared out today.  I guess they don't like me. :)  Today, I pulled out the grill and at 4 o'clock started my first real dinner.  Cooked scallop potatoes, canned corn, and a thin steak.  Made a salad to go along with it and iced tea.  The potatoes were a little overdone but tasted great as did everything else.

 I was ready to eat as the sun was starting to set so had to get a picture of that.


Had a very relaxing day and after publishing my blog Yuma and I are going to lay down and watch a little TV before calling it a night.

See you later.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you boys had a nice, relaxing day. Lovely pictures. Remember the area well. Hope you have another restful night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dolly. We did enjoy the beautiful day. Getting into a routine.

      Delete
  2. I'll bet it felt good after a long drive! Are you in Ajo? I now you like that area. I'll bet there are lots of areas to explore. Take care, Rawn Stone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just south of Ajo by a couple miles. It is great here. Perfect weather and view with no neighbors :)

      Delete
  3. Yuma certainly is the explorer!! Dinner looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. Yuma loves to run around and smell things. Wonder what he learns from smelling. Finally a great dinner. Looking forward to many more.

      Delete
  4. How nice to have a lazy day, and why not! Beautiful pictures! Great looking dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. This is a beautiful area. Glad to finally start a routine and eat properly.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had the perfect day along with a tasty meal.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the neighbourhood.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. Love the views and solitude here. If it weren't for my tinnitus it would be complete silence here in the mornings. :)

      Delete
  6. I have found after hectic and stressful traveling days a few days of rest and relaxation are always soooooo welcome.

    ReplyDelete