Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Taking on Water

 Woke up at 7:30 this morning and it looks to be another bright sun shiny day!  Little cool with a high of 64 but I'll take it.  Yuma and I stayed in bed while I read the news.  

Don't have much planned for the day.  At 10 o'clock, Tom and I are heading into Belly Acres RV Park to fill up his water bladder and I wanted to tag along to learn how it is done.  May just have to buy one for an emergency.

Yuma and I had our breakfast and I watched a little TV.  Once the sun is out I have all the electricity I need but when the sun goes down it's a different story.

I am so glad I didn't take many pictures today.  I accidently changed the settings to Tv and my pictures came out bland.  I've got to remember to check the settings before I leave each day.  One of these days I'll regret it.

We headed into Ajo with Tom's water bladder in the back of his Jeep.  It is 4 ft by 3 ft and holds 40+ gallons of water.  The idea behind this is to fill the bladder with drinking water and bring it back and pump it into his motor home.  Much easier than taking the motor home to the water.

Belly Acres


While waiting for the bladder to fill, Tom and Dennis the owner of Belly Acres had a great political discussion.  I think they agreed but you can't tell from this picture :)  The cost of the water is $5 whch is a good price.

Tom's new friend
Took us almost an hour to go there, fill and come back to the RV.  Once we arrived, Tom showed me what he does to fill up the RV Stinger "B".  


He had purchased two 6 foot water hoses and bought fittings for the small 12 volt water pump that our old friend George had given him.  He had wired an electric cable like a jumper cable with clamps to the pump so he could connect the clamps to the positive and negative battery posts to power the pump.  Connected the two hoses and fired up the pump and wait for the water to transfer from the bag to the RV.  Pretty slick operation.

I had left poor Yuma in the White Lion while we were gone so he was real happy when I got back.  He made sure we hooked everything up properly.


After that Yuma and I came home to do some work around the place and a little resting too.  My plans were to take Tom and Deb to the Darby Well cemetery around 3:30.

When the time arrived I drove there with them following and we walked around the very nice cemetery and read many of the markers.  No pictures came out of this excursion, but I had been here a few days ago and took plenty for my blog.  This was more for Tom and Deb.

After that we came home and Tom and Deb took the scenic tour around the mountain into Ajo.

I had forgotten to take meat out of the freezer again so I had a ham sandwich for dinner and some chip with dip.  If I don't forget and eat meat every night the bread, cheese and ham slices will get stale so their is a secret reason for my forgetfulness :)

Soon, it will be time to fire up Genny for a couple of hours so my batteries can make it through the night.  Watch a little TV and then hit the sack.  Did make 6000 step today.  And no call about my new batteries yet, so still waiting.

See you later.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice, non-stressful day. It's interesting how Tom gets water for his RV. I'll bet Yuma was glad when you got home. He doesn't like to be left behind. Hope you hear about your new batteries soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. Not sure I need a bladder but wanted to know about it. Yuma is a real baby when I leave him.

      Delete
  2. That was a slick operation with water being pumped with some help from Tom, very cool. Some time it's steak, and sometimes it's ham sandwich. I like you are showing a lot of the area. Take care, Rawn Stone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rawn. May see more around camp pics. Getting lazy. At least I'm not particular about what I eat. :))

      Delete
  3. Bill and I have been using our water bladder since purchased in 2016. It has saved us hooking up the fiver more times than I can relate. We use it all summer long too not just for boondocking down south. One of the best purchases we've ever made for this lifestyle. Actually, just this past summer after 4 full years of usage, we started using our second one. I'm glad to see Tom and Deb have purchased one too. We watched them at the Q up to last winter pulling out to dump and fill. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Tom and Deb make good use of theirs. May just have to get one myself in case Dolly ever comes along. That way we wouldn't have to be frugal like I normally am.

      Delete
  4. I remember Dennis at Belly Acres as being a very friendly guy. That Indian cemetery off Darby Well Road is one of the nicer, well kept southwest cemeteries we have seen. Maybe Tom and Deb would like to see that old abandoned Mica Mine further out on that Indian Cemetery road. I like their bladder idea and it sure beats all the plastic jugs we used to carry for the same purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dennis was very talkative and opiniated. We enjoyed the visit to the cemetery. That walk out to the mice mine may be a little too much for us. I'm not going to do it this year. The bladder is the only way to go if you're running short of water all the time.

      Delete
  5. Interesting about the water bladder. I've found if I'm conservative, I can go for 5 or 6 weeks on one tank. Not doing dishes helps! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very conservative by nature and with this 100 gallon tank I can last two weeks easily. Even doing dishes :) I dump and take on water each time I move.

      Delete
  6. We camped at Belly Acres last time in Ajo, it was scorching hot! and needed the AC. I can see the use of the water bladder. Or little RV only carries 25 gals of fresh water, but we don't often have a toad and need to do the plastic bottles or an rv park.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet it's hot in the summer around here. Not so this time of year. Without a toad a bladder wouldn't be much help. I went years with my class C using bottled water without real problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bladder would be a nice thing to have I think. Wow I just saw you have a 100 gallon tank! Yep don't think you need the bladder much...I love visiting old cemeteries! A ham sandwich doesn't sound bad at all...

    ReplyDelete