Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Visit with Friends

 This morning woke up with a streak of clouds that went right along with the rising sun.  What luck!  Didn't last forever and the sun was out warming up the desert.  Be a little cool today with a high of 63.  Not bad so long as the sun is shining.

 Had a date at 1:30 today so after my long breakfast we got ready to go.  It would take about an hour and to confuse things they live in Arizona.  I'll  just stick with California time. 😀

Headed east on I-8 at 12:15 to give me time to find their place in case I messed up instructions.  Went across Yuma and up over Fortuna Foothills and down into Dome Valley.  

The first small town is Wellton and I exited there.  I evidently had everything correct because I pulled right up to Jerry and Elva's driveway.  Jerry was sitting outside reading instructions about erecting a large shed that had just been delivered from Home Depot.

Yuma jumped out of the Jeep and ran right over to Jerry and of  course jumped on him and just then Elva stepped out of their motorhome so he jumped on her as a greeting.   We got the greetings done and sat down to catch up on happenings over the last year.

They have a large double sized RV lot that easily fits their 42 foot motorhome, huge dually truck, four wheeler, 25 foot trailer and a 12 X 26 foot concrete slab for his new shed.   

Stayed for several hours until the clouds cooled things down and it was time to head for home.  Poor Yuma stayed in their trailer the whole visit.  There was a sharp sound coming from the fields at regular intervals to scare birds.  Don't know about the birds but it certainly worked on poor Yuma 😕

Elva had made some Hamburger soup and she gave me some for dinner tonight so I don't have to cook.  Thank you Elva.

We got hom

e just before dark around 4:15 and settled in for the night.  Hoping to get my blog out early, I went to turn on my computer and darn, it would not start.  What a bummer!  Now I have no way to download my pictures for today from my camera.  Sorry!

Writing my post on my cellphone.   I will take my computer into Best Buy first thing tomorrow and hope it's something simple, but not holding my breath 🙃.   Might as well have some soup and a hotdog and call it a night.  

Tomorrow I'll try to figure out how to use Wi-Fi on my camera to download to my cellphone but not tonight. Don't have the right frame of mind 😕. 

See you later.


15 comments:

  1. You and Yuma had quite a day. It must have.been nice to see Jerry and Elva again. The soup sounds good! I hope there's no major problem with your computer. Arent you a day late to be watching football? 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with moving pictures via wi-fi. I've been trying for 3 weeks, finally took a photo of the camera screen with a smartphone, then emailed it from the smartphone to the laptop. The images go someplace, but I can't find them.

      Delete
    2. I probably won't even try I'm thinking. Hopefully they fix my computer quickly and all will be good.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Dolly. Had a great visit. I'll find out soon about the computer. Hope it's just the start button. Wanted to put at least one picture on the blog and that was it 😀

      Delete
  2. Doug, assuming you didn't run the laptop battery down (in which case you just need to recharge before using), try holding the on/off button down for about 20 seconds. That should do a major reboot. If that does not work, and it for sure is charged, then take it to Best Buy. Good luck. --Dave (GoingRvWay.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. Not the battery. I'm hoping the start button is not engaging. Holding it down forever doesn't do it either. Will know soon I hope.

      Delete
  3. Oh I hate it when that happens!! Computers are wonderful ... when they work. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day to visit friends! Too bad Yuma was confined to indoors, that he doesn't like noise. :(
    63F sounds wonderful! Nice of Elva to send some soup home but that doesn't surprise me at all. Little lady with a huge heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a great afternoon with Jerry and Elva. The soup was delicious 😋 Glad I had it with computer fiasco taking up my evening.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a good day for visiting.
    Hope it's a simple fix for your Computer. It could be the Charge Cord.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a great time catching up on happenings. Unfortunately, the computer charges just fine.

      Delete
  6. Oh no. Computer problems....not a nice thing to go home to. Poor Yuma. I felt so sorry for him. We don't notice that sound anymore. If you are in the Yuma area next year we will have to visit you. Glad you enjoyed the soup and hoping the computer problem is an easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva. I took it to Computer Connections of Yuma. They had great reviews. Enjoyed my visit and thankful for the delicious soup. Look forward to your visit.

      Delete
  7. I can't imagine writing a blog on a cell phone. But then again I can't imagine eating spaghetti with ice cream either. Yes, the southwest is full of gunshots alright. I always figured that showed the old wild west was still alive and well.

    ReplyDelete