Thursday, December 24, 2020

Cloudy Day

 Woke up at my normal time of 7 o'clock and felt rested.  However, we laid in bed for another hour catching up on the world and my blog friends.  Dolly wrote to tell me it was 14 degrees back home.  Brr!

Looking out the window I could tell it was going to be a partly cloudy to mostly cloudy day and they call for 60 degrees for a high and it is 55 now.  The wind was still coming out of the northeast at a 14 mph clip.  Not the best day in "Sunny Yuma".

We had breakfast and I went the full Monty with bacon and eggs.  Love bacon and eggs!  It was about noon by the time I finished all three courses of my breakfast.

Yuma wanted to take a walk, so I walked and he ran around the desert.   For some reason he loves to run through the sand at top speed.  Didn't take my camera.  Darn!

At two, I decided it was time to pull out my local boosted TV antenna and see if it would pick up more than the channels from Mexico.


The clouds looked weird as if it may rain today.  My antenna is on the left and the RV antenna is on the right.  Not too much difference in height.  It took me awhile to figure out where to plug the cables and after calling my professional wiring guy, and also my son Jim, I got it working.  To my surprise I not only got the Mexican channels, but ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox out of Yuma.  Now we're talking.  

As evening came on I could hear a little pitter patter on the roof.  Mind you, there was not much, but it did sprinkle for a minute or two.  That's big news around Yuma and they talked about it on the weather at CBS news time.

I just had to take some pictures of the clouds.




Here comes our great rain fall!

See the Wall crossing the sand dune?

Power towers heading for the sand dunes.


Clouds and wind make for beautiful sunset!

Time now to finish up this post and have my dessert before Yuma and I head off to bed.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

27 comments:

  1. Fascinating pictures of the rain clouds. The one with RV and antennas is eerie. Yuma probably loves running through the desert with no chollas or other cacti to worry about.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Dolly! You're probably right. No feet pain to worry about. No clouds today.

      Delete
  2. What is your TV antenna booster?, We don't use one and there are many times a little boost would be welcome. A bit of rain here as well under very cloud skies.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use an antenna similar to one you can buy from Lowes for around $50.

      Monster Monster Antennas Contour Omni-Directional Outdoor HD; UHF; VHF; Fm; Am TV Antenna

      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas to you & Yuma. We really miss being able to come to Yuma in the winter. Windy here west of Ft. Worth also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita. At least you don't live too far from Yuma. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

      Delete
  4. It's been weird and wonderful outside. Cold, windy, cloudy, but it can make for some pretty pictures. Merry Christmas!! Glad you got the TV working!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. Glad that was Christmas Eve weather. Christmas Day is beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and all your wonderful pets.

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas Doug and Yuma. Love those cloud pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Doug, Yuma and Dolly, hope you have a great day and holiday season. Love the sunset photo Doug. We are sure missing our time down there and all the beautiful sunsets. Take care, be safe and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill. Hope you're having a beautiful white Christmas. See you next year for sure.

      Delete
  7. Your pictures are beautiful of the cloudy day. Pitter patter on the roof? Could it be the reindeer making a test run? haha
    Merry Christmas, Doug. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Patsy. It may have been Santa's sleigh! Where are my presents? Merry Christmas 🎅

      Delete
  8. I well remember how frustrating it was while in that area to have the airwaves totally dominated by those powerful Mexican radio and TV channels blasting across the border. Good thing you got that booster. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Al. Wish I could understand their news commentator. Would be interesting. Merry Christmas to you, Kelly and Pheebs!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous pictures! Merry Christmas and have a wonderful day today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You and Ken and your whole family have a Merry Christmas 🤶

      Delete
  10. Yay! Congratulations on getting the Yuma channels. You are really making me miss the beautiful skies at Pilot Knob. We don't get that here. I understand Yuma got some rain but we didn't. Looks like today is sunny 😎😎😎. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elva. It sprinkled off and on into the night. Today is beautiful and warm. Merry Christmas to you and Jerry!

      Delete
  11. Wishing you a Safe and Merry Christmas.
    Always good to have more Channels.
    Those scenery pictures are really making us wish we were there.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rick. Going to be a hot one today. Shorts weather. Merry Christmas to you and Kathy.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. Good to hear from you. Love my Serengeti! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

      Delete
  13. Merry Christmas! The afterglow made up for the grey cloudy day. We had the same pitter/patter of rain on our roof a couple of times. Was glad to see the sun this morning.

    ReplyDelete